what bait is good for.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing_mad

........Bream.i need a good winter bait for bream ,i am fishing on a resivior it slopes down to 10 Ft then a ledge and then down again to 15ft to 25ft its also made from cobbles its an old train resivior
its know been made into a fishing club the fleetwood resivior

any ideas on how to fish it

[:)]delighted fisherman[:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Redworm, redworm and more redworm legered using a cage feeder filled with chopped redworm. Keep the chopped worm in the feeder with a small groundbait plug at either end.

If you put a 1 to 2ft hooklength on and cast out, let the feeder sink on a loose line (ie don't hold the line tight as it sinks) then wind in until you feel the feeder weight. At this point pull the rod tip back for the length of the hooklength so that the hook sits over the chopped worm.

You may also want to add castors to the choped worm to pad it out a bit and possibly even tip the hook with one.

Let us know how you get on,

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi
dave is right but i would also use lobworm for chopping .
also 1/2 lobworm on a 10 or 12 hook tipped with caster can bring a better specimen

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Dont forget to use squatts and pinkies! squatts are a great bait for skimmers and bream, i have caught a lot more bream on pinkies than i have on worm! dont get me wrong worms are brilliant but i would use dendras for chopping and then either half dendra or redworm on the hook but pinkies have caught me a lot of bream and esp at this time of year, squats can be a killer bait at this time of year, hope that helps!

norm

hard lines fishing mad

but taking advise of dave is never a good idea

Piker

hi dave
didnt know it was you.
ps. i dont know a decent bait for the res either

dhall

Status
Not open for further replies.