What are you most looking forward to when the river season opens?

rudd

Site Supporter
Posts from river fisherman whinging how bad the fishing is, level too high, too low, wrong colour etc etc! 😆
I blame the heat! 😉

JayD

Site Supporter
I'm not looking forward to the heavy thunder storms forecast for Wednesday the 16th!

To be fair my mojo, is still not working properly. I took a walk by the river the other day, and got a slight 'stirring' though. I might call in and renew my licence this afternoon, just in case.🤞

John.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Once the initial rush has died down, we should have some good fishing ahead of us ;)

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I rarely bother with the river until at least mid-July. Regardless of the conditions, a relative horde of anglers turning up to bombard fish that haven't seen a bait for three months tends to put them off a bit. Besides, the tench on my regular stillwater haunt have only just woken up. It's a case of making hay whilst the sun shines.

Robwooly

I actually look forward to the winter when everyone's blanking and the little rivers fish their nuts off, until then i'll enjoy the sea of green that is late June. I'll take whatever comes along as long as the float is moving it'll do.

smiffy

Site Supporter
October/November, when the weed has died down enough to make them fishable 😂

Robwooly

Having just checked the weather forecast 28c on the 16th I'm now looking forward to the 17th which is 20c and raining, much more ideal for a quiet day's trotting

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Once we get into July it’ll be mostly hemp fishing for roach as had a great season doing it last year after not doing it regularly for a while before that. First couple weeks usually fish naff but just be nice to be back on running water then it should fish well from July til the floods effectively end the season by the end of the year as seems to be the way these days.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never really witnessed a massive rush beyond the first weekend here as everyone knows it won’t fish well for a couple weeks anyway so lots don’t bother til those couple weeks have passed which sort of balances the numbers out.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Fishing big baits on the float on the Severn is a new one for me but basically just the variety and adventure of it all!

BTMS

Site Supporter
Paddle boaters sinking, wild swimmers topless, canoes disintegrating, dog walkers being nice no cormorants cloudy but no wind apart from that naught,:cool::D

tincatim

Site Supporter
I’m looking forward to spending a day on the lovely little River Dearne on Friday, dropping into some nice looking swims hoping for a Barbel, but being more than happy with a chub or two. I’ll start off fishing the tip, but will have a couple of hours trotting later on. Got my eye on a couple of new spots that I’ve not fished before, a good walk away from where I expect most people to be. The peace and solitude will be most welcome.

bryan white

Site Supporter
I am actually looking forward to autumn/winter to spend some time to try and catch some grayling on stick float and fly .
i would like to go to the test later this year, a tad expensive around £100 a day ..just somewhere I have to fish