What are you going to do - covid19 and fishing?

neil1313

I am self isolate at the moment as of yesterday daughter got sent home from school with high temp and a cough and she still same today phone 111 and told to isolate for 14 days no test needed unless me or the wife get it as we or high risk so no fishing for me I will have to watch the you tube programs

Simon R

Site Supporter
This is courtesy of our Tees Valley mayor - no idea how legitimate it is - if he told me the grass was green I'd nip out and check ;)

1584543377500.png

So apparently travelling is on the 'use caution' list and going for a drive is 'safe to do'
So tends to suggest to me that driving to a local lake is safe

Simon

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I didn't beat you that stripey football of yours beat my skimmers. Mind you it had probably eaten half of that dead deer that floated past earlier
Big scary perch that was wasn't it ? I think it ate some of my roach while it was in my keepnet. I bet that thing would have took a dead bait very easily.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I can't comment mate, I ain't clued up with these new tactics! :giggle: ....Perhaps someone at Matrix can advise? :D(y):ROFLMAO:
Nicky has sussed my tactic. It was full of gozzers. I thought he would have appreciated that. ?

I don't like seeing deer in our canal at the best of times but, the high metal tins stop them getting out if they inadvertently fall in. Shame, not nice to see. ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Lockdown would be very difficult for me being a bailiff on the club's lakes. I still have books to check (with new members joining), banks to inspect because of the weather, keeping pegs/platforms in good order and safe, tree and hedge cutting/trimming now the new growth has started and grass to cut. Basically I could fish every day of the week if I wanted to as the lakes are within a 15 minute walk., tackle shop 5 minute walk (with bait at 'mates rates').
Members have been told not to fill arrival slips or catch returns in,this removes any contact with the box that contains them. and to wipe down the padlock if possible.
The bailiffs have been instructed to check cards by asking the member to hold them at arms length, this is to avoid contact with card surface, .But if any members think the can infringe the rules ,they can think again.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Driving to a job this morning and something flicks up and hits my windscreen leaving a big crack. Called the RAC and they've said it will be Saturday before it's fixed, so now looks like I'm off work and fishing until then now anyway.
Can you not take it to a place such as Autoglass ,?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Members have been told not to fill arrival slips or catch returns in,this removes any contact with the box that contains them. and to wipe down the padlock if possible.
The bailiffs have been instructed to check cards by asking the member to hold them at arms length, this is to avoid contact with card surface, .But if any members think the can infringe the rules ,they can think again.

The point I was trying to make is that we have people on their way to work, dog walkers, horse riders, bird watchers etc. walking past the lakes. There's also work to be done down there on platforms, pegs, banks, tree and hedge trimming, grass to cut, litter to remove and a few more jobs. If I'm put on lockdown, then that fishery is going to be unsafe for it's members to use and create more work than I can handle when lockdown is over. I have asked for work parties before and nobody showed up.
Either next week or the week after, I have some Carp coming for both lakes so have to sort access for the delivery and help with the stocking and make sure what is being stocked is what's been ordered.
On top of that lot, there are certain people of a European nature night fishing the lakes and putting lines out so that needs sorting out because they are the reason for restocking in the first place.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I think our club have stopped work parties for now . We are lucky in a way, none of our waters have public access apart from canal stretches and some river stretches

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I can't imagine that many tackle shops or fisheries will close but if they do I've got miles of unclose able canal virtually on my doorstep and 4-5 pints of maggots in the freezer, a couple bags of ground bait, a couple tins of hemp, loads of pellets and a presumably a pretty steady supply of bread from the shops and worms from the garden so think I could get by fishing wise for a few weeks if the worst came to the worst.

gregoclinton

Site Supporter
There is a behavioral reason why Boris gave an advice message rather than a mandatory one. He expects a few people to not do as he says (and they are!) to keep a small spread of the infection ongoing. When its really hurting the NHS he will call a lock down. people who ignore or flaunt the advice are spreading the disease. We will never be shut of it if suddenly we all sealed off from each other, unless we get a vaccine. Keep safe everyone. If you can get there I think Glf and Fishing on your own are good things to do for mind and body promotion.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There is a behavioral reason why Boris gave an advice message rather than a mandatory one. He expects a few people to not do as he says (and they are!) to keep a small spread of the infection ongoing. When its really hurting the NHS he will call a lock down. people who ignore or flaunt the advice are spreading the disease. We will never be shut of it if suddenly we all sealed off from each other, unless we get a vaccine. Keep safe everyone. If you can get there I think Glf and Fishing on your own are good things to do for mind and body promotion.

Already planning to fill the empty day. :upthumb: :D

Zerkalo

Can you not take it to a place such as Autoglass ,?

Maybe. It's phoned in with my RAC insurance now anyway and my dad's giving me a lift to my job today.

This is being posted on facebook by a local fishery along with what their plans are, baliff doing the draw, delivering bait to pegs etc.

keepcalm.jpg

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Grey and wet here today... think I'll stay in after all