What are you going to do - covid19 and fishing?

Zerkalo

Driving to a job this morning and something flicks up and hits my windscreen leaving a big crack. Called the RAC and they've said it will be Saturday before it's fixed, so now looks like I'm off work and fishing until then now anyway.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I cant see any difference between isolating myself at home or sat sitting on the banks of the royal military canal,

rarely see many others there unless there is a match in progress, and if so, Im sure I can drive on to a less travelled place to set up

will be doing the same on the beach too, and with walking the dog, theres plenty of places where human contact is minimal

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
As I have mentioned in the other thread about Match fishing and the virus, as a member of a match team we have decided against matches. However pleasure fishing is a different matter, especially on venues with lower footfall. I'm fortunate to have a decent supply of bait already in my garage so I can avoid the tackle shop. Just be careful handing over cash and touching surfaces, wash your hands after opening the tackle shop door, do not touch your face after touching any surfaces in a public place.

Guys, I really don't think the risk of getting this thing is low. Yes, unless you have underlying health problems you are unlikely to snuff it from this but I think the threat of getting it is very real as I'm sure we will all see very soon. The figures of people who get it will go through the roof and the latest is if the UK gets away with 20,000 mortality, we'll get getting off lightly!

I am now in the unfortunate position of having to self isolate myself now, as is my family. My 14 yr old son developed symptoms of a dry/sore throat over the weekend. He has now had a fever with a persistent dry cough. Because there is no testing now, the advice is if his temperature rises to 41, call the paramedics! It is now 39.7! After speaking with my boss yesterday, I have been advised to isolate. I am fortunate to still get paid and it will not count towards any sick days. I also got a phonecall from the Principle at my son's school yesterday. As my son is the first suspected case at this school, she informed me she was meeting with the Chairman of the board of govenors today with a view to closing the school.

So, although I would have still gone pleasure fishing, I now find myself in the position of lockdown. The only good thing is that I live in the middle of nowhere with my nearest neighbours being 200m from me, I have plenty of supplies (beer, wine, whiskey) and food lol. And....by the time this is over, my rig trays will be full, hooklength boxes overflowing and tackle clean and shiny. Maybe I'll clean 3 yr old groundbait off my seatbox lol.
Hope your son gets well soon and you dont get it

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Take know no notice of what Nicky says mate. (y).......It's a normal reaction when someone eats his chocolate! :oops::D
Yep, the missus did send him a bar of chocolate. I'm sure there's summat going on there ya know Mark. I reckon his mole must be bigger than mine. ???

Total

Site Supporter
Mark ..... Do you think Dave has been panic buying pork pies ? In readiness for his decorating lock in. ?

You might have a point Mick. We are keeping a lookout for any strange behaviour....Our Wisey is the coordinator for that area......;):giggle:

Dusty

I will probably try and get out next week providing government advice doesn’t change.

Total

Site Supporter
I didn't beat you that stripey football of yours beat my skimmers. Mind you it had probably eaten half of that dead deer that floated past earlier

Most people would use a maggot feeder......Our Mick had to use a 'dead deer' full off maggots feeder! :rolleyes::giggle:

Nicky Dodds

Most people would use a maggot feeder......Our Mick had to use a 'dead deer' full off maggots feeder! :rolleyes::giggle:
It's a shrewd tactic that I've just sussed. He fished upstream of me...so all the time it was above me he was drawing fish out of my swim into his. Once it got past me it was taking any remaining fish downstream therefore emptying my peg completely. Which tallys up with why I caught early then struggled. Looks like trying to breed deer now instead of pinkies!

Total

Site Supporter
It's a shrewd tactic that I've just sussed. He fished upstream of me...so all the time it was above me he was drawing fish out of my swim into his. Once it got past me it was taking any remaining fish downstream therefore emptying my peg completely. Which tallys up with why I caught early then struggled. Looks like trying to breed deer now instead of pinkies!

I can't comment mate, I ain't clued up with these new tactics! :giggle: ....Perhaps someone at Matrix can advise? :D(y):ROFLMAO: