What are 'they' up to these days?

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
used to fish with father n law from catching trout at damflask in early 80,s on maggot to out on a boat in irish sea for all types of sea fish for 10 years sadly he got cancer 3 yrs ago fished trent witham forty foot middle level together
never took to fly fishing which he enjoyed

ATTICUS FINCH

Having had a near ten year sabbatical I have recently got aquatinted with a few old fishing mates one of which was my bestest fishing mate , turns out he has not been well and has lukemia

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oi!! Gerrouta my Peg :eek:

Seriously well done to him (y)
Was he fishing for Pike or catch it on something else?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Oi!! Gerrouta my Peg :eek:

Seriously well done to him (y)
Was he fishing for Pike or catch it on something else?

Yeah he rang me yesterday to say he was Going if i wanted to meet up, He caught it on Pollan dead bait, 12 pounder (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one...

I was going to go today but it was raining this morning so decided to crack on with the hallway

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Nice pike photo....Beautiful markings... :love: (y)

Like i say ive fished with our Mark since being Kids, he's more like a Brother, im made up for him as he's done about a 100 hours down the Trent without a Barbel, so to get that today will have made him Happy.

Silver fan 82

One of my best mates at secondary school was my fishing buddy while at school. When we left school we lost contact (didn't have mobile phones then).
Fou d out via my sister that he committed suicide a few years back.
He was a cracking angler, I swear he could catch fish out of a puddle if he tried.
Fond memories.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I would love another session with Gren, but I have not seen him in 40 years. I still have a couple of tales when I get a minute.