what are these called?

Warden

Site Supporter
hi,saw someone fishing the other day he had some natty little plastic? rings that he attached his pole and tied his rig hook to he said they were preston but I cannot find any anyone know what their proper name is,thanks.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
i just tie old elastic into a loop and use that to hold the hook, cheaper and easier, also have tiny ones for marking the depth! much better than marking the pole
I just use a bait band. ;)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Back when I used to use winders with rubber rig anchors, before sliding winders, I used those, but these look better.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
bait bands cant move as much/expand as much lol and i can colour code lol!

Warden

Site Supporter
Thanks pete thats the name i was after,i too have used various rubber bands but they constantly come off or fade really badly in the sun not sure if they are the same ones my mate had but they really looked good,thanks again every one.

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Heaven forbid we dare to use even so much as a rig hook up, when you can make do for nothing , well I use the Preston ones now, but previously used the Drennans

piscatorial

Thanks pete thats the name i was after,i too have used various rubber bands but they constntlle come off or fade really badly in the sun not sure if they are the same ones my mate had but they really looked good,thanks again every one.
I used to use elastic but these are much better I feel.
Only £2 a pack too.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Just pull out some elastic from the pole, wrap the hooklength round the topkit and hook the hooklength. Let go the rig and everything will tighten and stay in place.

Why spend money?;)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I would hope so as there is not much point in copying something unless you can improve it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heaven forbid we dare to use even so much as a rig hook up, when you can make do for nothing , well I use the Preston ones now, but previously used the Drennans
LOL, never thought about it in terms of cost Gaz, just so easy to slip a couple of 8mm Gardener bands onto a top kit before attaching the rigs, something I've done for years. ;)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter

the little hook bits always break-come off

bitta spare laccy does the job so much better

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
This was Seymo's answer to hooking things up I doubt many will have seen one as they never caught on because they were over complicated for a simple job that could be done just by an elastic band. 2020-12-01 12.41.55.jpg