What an excellent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

Just had a look at a "new" tackle item which should suit all you tackle tart types (ahem Larry) [;)]

Take a look at This site & see what you think.

Me?? i'll be making serious thoughts on making an order.

Oh & BTW i've mailed the owners to see if there's a possibility of a discount for MD members but i have explained that it is not a condition & they are entitled to say No, either way i reckon this alarm could be the next "in thing" for the overnight/session angler.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin
Datafile.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me again.

I see plenty of you have had a look.

Now for the good news, the actuall owner of the company/producer of the bite alarm has mailed me back, letting me know that he has kept the price as low as possible in an attempt to "break" inot the market.

BUT he is going to see if he can sort out a further discount for the members of MD.

If you look closley i think you'll agree that this is going to be the perfect alarm for predator/moggie anglers but i can see it coming in usefull for beach casting as well as carping.

Now taking into account that Greg is an australian & they are actually ordered to kill any carp they catch he actively promotes catch & release, that on its own can get him into a whole load of trouble (there's massive fines if you're caught releasing carp back inot the water over there).

If any of you do get one of these alarms let me know how you get on please.

Alan

Larry

Lazarus
Thanx Trogg for thinking of me had butcher's not keen on the beach caster set up for carp ,but would be ok for barbel ,or for fishing the Severn ,Trent .[;)][;)]

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Larry

Its just got better [:D]

Greg has mailed me again with an offer of a discount for us.

Anyone from MD ordering one of his alarms will be given a 7% discount, if you're ordering more than one then send Greg a mail & he'll sort you out [:D]

Alan

MALC

Not personally my cup of tea Alan but it's very good of you to do the groundwork and get a special rate for fellow MDer's.

Well done Alan and thankyou to Greg.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:not keen on the beach caster set up for carp

I once saw this method used at Elvington and it worked very well for surface feeding carp.

The method was a weight at the end of the line with a sliding marker float on the line. Above the float was a dropper with a hook and the bait on.
When cast in the rod angle/height was adjusted so that the bait just touched the surface, dangling down from the dropper off the main line.
Along comes the carp, no floating line to put it off, all it sees is the bait and the hook is above it also out of sight.
An ideal method for presenting floaters but it is banned on quite a few waters.

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave a variation of the beachcaster method. Gardner do a suspender float that lets the hook length hang down so only the bait is on the water. They dont cast very well but boy do they work. I've taken a lot of carp using one when normal controllers failed.

chill out go fishing

Larry

Lazarus
Esox ,ive got some those Gardener tackle suspender floats really worked well on my own club pool &the method Dave mentioned until the committee bannned them after we had severn trent report on our fishery saying there was too damage to the Carp;s mouths &pointed the problem to surface fish that was over 10yrs ago still can't surface fish our pool in fact i'm looking at surface fishing floats now.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mouth damage in my opinion is only caused by one thing.

a**sholes who don't understand a carp will hook itself, they see the carp taking the floater & strike as hard as they can.....Bloody idiots.

Alan

Last edited:

carper2002

'Ronnie'
alan i dont think many carpers would use it
but it looks just the job for beach casters
v-good of you to get a discount on it
cheers
ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.