what a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

went to the local pond the other day with my dad for a walk, there were 2 groups of kids at either side of the pond, bit were fishing, anwyay the were shouting the odds at each other, disrupting everybody elses fishing, shouting to one another " oi corry, you wann have a fight with jonesy" and stuff like that, " oi mate, you wanna get tabbed" i heard one of them shout, they were only about 12, it really gives youngsters a bad name, alsoi believe i read in the angling times that angling would stamp out anti-social behaviour, to me it seems like it has just carried onto the banks. the worse thing was there was no baliff at weekends, he openesup at 7 and closes at half 8 and then doesnt go for the rest of the day.

Sad

bozzy

Yes, I witnessed behaviour like this on Saturday and very depressing it was too. Problem was those I saw behaving like this were in their 40's and were disrupting a match on the same lake. What chance the kids?

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Two lads on the canal had been nighting it for like 3 days, they had keepnets out, which they lifted up every 2 minutes, and apparently the roach they had, had been in there for like 36 hours, so me and my mate kev gave them a shouting at, as we did not want to hear "Ey lad how many of your fish are dead". They emptied them and shut up :)

budnudd

tackletartitis
nice one adymon, i wish i could just walk up and nut these fools but then id be just as bad. they are scum, total scum. its a reflection of our society & how this country is going tho, to the dogs!!!!

Ady

Formerly Adymon
I know mate, i just dont know what else i could have done, you cant be civilized with them because you just look a fool, or they make you look like one. They seem to think that little fish like Roach of a few ounzes mean nothing, and on a canal thats not true, it annoys me!

crowder

Originally posted by Notts Breamer

Where was this at Crowder?

Vicar water country park in clipstone, i visit there regularly and its usually relatively peacful.

shaggy69

Shaggy69
The real problem with youngsters like that is,the parent's take them to the venue,drop them of expecting the bailiff or fishery,or other anglers to babysit them whilst they themselves are in the pub getting sh*t faced.

Because these kids have no adult supervision they revert back to their normal behaviour and then all hell breaks lose.

The main problem today is that because of the child protection act adult's are affraid to approach kids and chastise them,the law protects the little gits,maybe fisheries and other fishing venue's should get together and produce a by law or something that states no child under the age of say 14 should and will not be allowed to fish unless supervised at all times by an adult

jbfzoo

I know what you mean,I started fishing on the river lea when i was 12,or 13 some 45 years ago. Any bad behaviour on my part would have quickly got me a thick ear. I well remember my fishing there, the adult anglers were very good and helped me a lot with tackle etc,caught my first goer roach there just over a pound and I can remember what that fish looked like to this day.

John

mrhaze

i'm currently having a running battle with some chavvy kids round the lake that my house backs onto.

it all started when i politely pointed out that they were not allowed to fish the lake during the closed season - i'm not allowed to fish it so why should they and figured i was doing my bit for my club that controls it. the lads fishing actually responded well and packed up and apologised. however the bunch of 12-15 year olds with them got pretty abusive, the girls in particular, and brought out my nasty side. i'm ex-army and can handle myself no problem and dont have a problem with bawling out kids.

since then a couple of them have gone out of their way to try to wind me up whilst i'm doing my rounds with the dog. i am now universally referred to as "matey boy" and have experienced some most amusing "attitude" in the way of being squinted at whilst i walk by and general mindless abuse shouted from a safe distance!

i actually find it pretty amusing but it's very annoying and disrespectful. i know that when i was their age i wouldnt have dreamt of fronting up to a grown man in his 30s for fear of getting the hiding of my life and dumped in the lake!!

sadly i'll be unable to carry out such boy's own punishments due to being 100% convinced that kids these days will just as soon run to police shouting assault as they are happy to throw bottles at them.

hiding, sadly, is too good for 'em!

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by crowder

Vicar water country park in clipstone, i visit there regularly and its usually relatively peacful.
I visit there regular as well, and always find it OK, isn't there usually a bailiff in attendance? or some of the Clipo lads around?

jbfzoo

Mr. Haze quote(i actually find it pretty amusing but it's very annoying and disrespectful. i know that when i was their age i wouldnt have dreamt of fronting up to a grown man in his 30s for fear of getting the hiding of my life and dumped in the lake!!

sadly i'll be unable to carry out such boy's own punishments due to being 100% convinced that kids these days will just as soon run to police shouting assault as they are happy to throw bottles at them.

hiding, sadly, is too good for 'em!)quote

I agree with you. I have found over the years in general the more mouth people have the more likely they are to squeal like rabbits when the s**t hits the fan. They really get p****d off if you just ignore them.
Watch out for the quiet ones.

John[8D]

John

mrhaze

i am currently favouring the "stare bemusedly back with a wry grin on my face" approach. i find that a slow inspection from head to feet and back again is normally enough to ward off all but the most stupid of people...

crowder

Originally posted by crowder

I visit there regular as well, and always find it OK, isn't there usually a bailiff in attendance? or some of the Clipo lads around?

Me too mate, apparently on weekends the baliff just opens up, charges for a few hours till say 11 and then goes home, doesnt return till its time to close the gates, i think they were from clippo, as said in this post though, these mindless scum are protected by laws, if it were up to me theyd all get a clip round the ear ( understatement)... and as said, they are happy to throw botles at police officers but they cry to them when soemthing bad happens[V]

maidstonefisher

well some yong angler spoil it for the rest as im only 16 and 90% of other yong angler i see are being respectaful and fishing safely but are still enjoying themselves. Its prats like this that have made local clubs in Maidstone not too keen on kids fishing there waters which is a real shame . I have missed out on joining one club beacuse of the troubble they have had with kids. Also most waters you have to be over 14 some are 16 to fish without an adult whcih is good in some ways but if you put all these barriers in place how can you expect yong people to go angling/learn hw to do it themselves ?

Last edited:

crowder

Originally posted by maidstonefisher

well some yong angler spoil it for the rest as im only 16 and 90% of other yong angler i see are being respectaful and fishing safely but are still enjoying themselves. Its prats like this that have made local clubs in Maidstone not too keen on kids fishing there waters which is a real shame . I have missed out on joining one club beacuse of the troubble they have had with kids. Also most waters you have to be over 14 some are 16 to fish without an adult whcih is good in some ways but if you put all these barriers in place how can you expect yong people to go angling/learn hw to do it themselves ?

Hi mate, i agree, im only 15 myself, and it just makes us all look bad, i know this topic has been discussed many time, but its about tiem they did somehing about "yob culture" in britain, most young offenders just get a slap on the wrist, or maybe not eve that, it makes me sick, i got stopped in tesco the other day by a security guard, no doubt that was due to him thinking us kds were all the same..

Rant over...

p.s when the security guard stopped me i didnt do anything[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.