What a relief

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Nurse just rang the wife, no change in size in either tumour............. and breathe.
We'll get on with life now for the next 3 months until the next set of scans. πŸ‘
Great news mate. Now go and empty the docksπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Ahh well the day arrived for biopsies,
Arrived at the hospital on time ,
Took the prescription of granules to be disolved in water a couple of hours prior to appointment, Good job I read the leaflet , it said take on empty stomach or either 2 hours before eating or 2 hours after eating . I was going to have my breakfast , Managed to grab a quick bite to eat in the time frame just before appointment.
Nothing was mentioned about me taking this stuff , it was just confirm details of name etc , go in cubicle , put gown on , into treatment room and onto the table and put legs in stirrups .
Never again will I take the Mickey out of @Dave Spence and colonoscopy,
I had an ultrasound probe shoved where the sun don't shine .
As he was snipping away to take the biopsies the probe was being moved round to check on things .
All in all 25 were taken and get results in 3 weeks ,
And I am still bloody sore 😭

Last edited:

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Ahh well the day arrived for biopsies,
Arrived at the hospital on time ,
Took the prescription of granules to be disolved in water a couple of hours prior to appointment, Good job I read the leaflet , it said take on empty stomach or either 2 hours before eating or 2 hours after eating . I was going to have my breakfast , Managed to grab a quick bite to eat in the time frame just before appointment.
Nothing was mentioned about me taking this stuff , it was just confirm details of name etc , go in cubicle , put gown on , into treatment room and onto the table and put legs in stirrups .
Never again will I take the Mickey out of @Dave Spence and colonoscopy,
I had an ultrasound probe shoved where the sun don't shine .
As he was snipping away to take the biopsies the probe was being moved round to check on things .
All in all 25 were taken and get results in 3 weeks ,
And I am still bloody sore 😭
I am not going to take the proverbial Mark, let’s just hope the results are good🀞🀞🀞

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Had my prep yesterday for my Colonoscopy Pikalax which was a diffrent stuff to what I had some years ago, took first sachet at 10am , 2nd sachet at 2pm and stuff finally started working at 3 pm, 3rd sachet at 18.00, I was still awake at 3 am this morning going to the toilet.

Daughter drove me so decided to wimp out this time and have sedation, which made it all a doddle, just watched it all on the camera, few polyps removed to go for testing ,3-4 week wait but they have said should be no issues, also got divertililcloses , not sure how to spell that, but it's ridges pockets where stuff can get trapped, also Hemmorieds discovered since last visit,
Overall I came out quite relieved and pleased as nothing is life threatening just a bit of wear and tear through old age, bit of diet management is required, but we had lovely Baguettes from a street wagon, Bacon ,egg onions and HP was starving

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Good luck with the results Chris.
I smile when I saw pikalax , My mate had it some years ago , I was creased up laughing when he described it .
With Diver T just watch your diet ,

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Had my prep yesterday for my Colonoscopy Pikalax which was a diffrent stuff to what I had some years ago, took first sachet at 10am , 2nd sachet at 2pm and stuff finally started working at 3 pm, 3rd sachet at 18.00, I was still awake at 3 am this morning going to the toilet.

Daughter drove me so decided to wimp out this time and have sedation, which made it all a doddle, just watched it all on the camera, few polyps removed to go for testing ,3-4 week wait but they have said should be no issues, also got divertililcloses , not sure how to spell that, but it's ridges pockets where stuff can get trapped, also Hemmorieds discovered since last visit,
Overall I came out quite relieved and pleased as nothing is life threatening just a bit of wear and tear through old age, bit of diet management is required, but we had lovely Baguettes from a street wagon, Bacon ,egg onions and HP was starving
Good luck mate. Your a braver man than me if you did it without sedation last time. I was totally spaced out when I had mine.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Had my prep yesterday for my Colonoscopy Pikalax which was a diffrent stuff to what I had some years ago, took first sachet at 10am , 2nd sachet at 2pm and stuff finally started working at 3 pm, 3rd sachet at 18.00, I was still awake at 3 am this morning going to the toilet
Backsides have been known to feel like this after taking pikalax
pbz.gif