What a peg to draw

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Collected some bits from a chap earlier this evening he was selling on FB - he’s retired from match angling and concentrates on pike, really big pike, so he was clearing space.

Had my boy with me (wanted to go in the car with dad) and when I said I’d restarted to teach him the guy asked me where I fish so I told him about the lake and the free stretch of the Medway. He knows both really well and we had a great natter.

He told me his mate had fished a match on a Tonbridge section of the Medway today (horrid weather) and won it with 74lb of bream o_O but apparently the guys son had drawn next to him and finished with just 8oz:rolleyes:

I know some venues can be a bit peggy but WOW that must have hurt.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
That’s a classic thing with bream. Was a match here back in October’s where if I recall 3 blokes all got around mid twenty pounds of roach and probably all thought they’d won but one guy landed on the bream and beat them all. Also just this weekend where I was fishing most people were getting the odd chub or nothing but one bloke apparently had 20 bream. Just the nature of how nomadic they are.

BTMS

Site Supporter
We had a match on the River Chelmer a few years ago top weight was 95lb bream the rest of us top weight 4lbs what a hammering. I still think its a record for the river. Right time right peg. Just wished it was me though

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It can happen with carp in winter also. I fished a match years ago at Kiveton hall farm and was pegged next to the winner. He weighed 56lb odd and I weighed in one carp for 3lb summat. He won I was second thats how peggy it was. ?