What a miserable Day (weather wise)

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
It was pelting down when I got up at 6, put on the goretex to walk the dog, opened the door and it had stopped so a walk I wasn’t looking forward to turned out quite nice. Been relatively dry ever since, weekly shop and taking the dog to the groomers all done in the dry. The afternoon will be spent changing laccy in my pole, tying a few rigs and bait prep ready for a match tomorrow 👍

62tucker

Site Supporter
Managed to get a walk up the woods at 9 before any rain started up Bamburgh. Rain started about 10ish and windy.
But got things to do. Red squirrel society bloke turned up with 4 traps so rain or not I going up woods at 1:30 to set them up. 👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Very grim here. A stuck inside all day sort of a day in contrast to the last couple days when the evenings have been spent in sunny (admittedly not warm!) pub gardens. Had another home haircut this morning though so that’s a good job done. Not looking quite so grim tomorrow so might go down the canal as will be bored stiff by then. It’s still looking a bit too grim to pay for the pleasure of fishing in it somewhere that’s for sure.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Wet this afternoon and tomorrow with a blustery NE wind so first go of the year at the pollack postponed at least until the wind drops and turns. Looking a bit better for late in the week and next Sat so hopefully....

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Well the rain's found it's way through the front dormer so my roofer has an urgent message on his ansaphone. Waiting for a call back. Had to move the bed after drying it out.:(

JayBee

Site Supporter
Well the rain's found it's way through the front dormer so my roofer has an urgent message on his ansaphone. Waiting for a call back. Had to move the bed after drying it out.:(
Have you and your partner been at it again?, or maybe a touch of incontinence?....and you are certain it's the roof?.

matti

Site Supporter
I fished a match yesterday, couldn't use the brolly as the wind rain was in my face, yeh it rained but it wasn't the end of the world, when my hands got so cold I couldn't even put any bait on the hook, that was the problem,
Oh and my waterproofs need reproofing, leaked like a sieve

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Went to visit my old mum today,

it had rained lightly first thing, that sorta soft rain that gives off the smell of wet earth, Petrichor ????

from 9am on, the sun grew in power until by mid afternoon it was very nice indeedy, polo shirt sun, sat there chewing the fat with, Mum, the Wench, and the Old Dears from the wardened complex she lives in, the only males were tuppence worth of black dag and myself, and he fell asleep ! and I was the youngest too !

said our goodbyes, gave Mum a hug and headed off homewards around 5'ish

it was still warm enough for me to ask her wenchness to wind her window down a couple of inches to promote better air flow in the van, mine was half open too, ( van has naturally aspirated AC ) On the journey home, a mere 15 odd miles, as we crested the top of the south downs at Barham, the temp drop became quite noticeable, by the time Home on the Saxon Shore was reached it was extremely noticeable, Id bet at least 5 degrees less than when we started

Parked up, unloaded and inside, just started feeding the dog and it went dark really quick and we had a mighty thunderstorm with heavy rain, continued that way most of the evening

62tucker

Site Supporter
We are in the middle of a storm. Thunder and lightning and hailstones.
30 mins ago I was out on a walk with dog in a t- shirt

nejohn

Site Supporter
It is a bit like that here today bright sunshine for an hour then 15 mins of torrential rain before sunshine again, on the plus side I timed the dog walk to perfection at lunch time, just as I got back to the house the heavens opened and it lashed down for 20 minutes or so