What a miserable Day (weather wise)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Raining in not so sunny Leeds and it looks to be set in for the day so football practice is off (for my grandson ;) ) , the planned birthday BBQ is now an indoor buffet, and it looks like the nearest I'll get to fish will be feeding the ones in my pond :)

Have you any plans for a damp Saturday?

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
reading some sad maggot drowning posts, baking some bread (sour dough) and getting ready to fish tomorrow.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Raining in not so sunny Leeds and it looks to be set in for the day so football practice is off (for my grandson ;) ) , the planned birthday BBQ is now an indoor buffet, and it looks like the nearest I'll get to fish will be feeding the ones in my pond :)

Have you any plans for a damp Saturday?
Pouring down here to ,second injection today at 11am , then just relaxing looking at sky sports news 😀

FishermanEire

Site Supporter
Get fanbelt replaced (not me, the car). Grandson Sammy's first birthday yesterday. Walk Jess the almost Staffie. Go shopping with a backpack. Walk the missus. Water the glasshouse crops, see if I can catch the slugs before everything is eaten. Clean the fish tank where four angel fish are fighting and the pleco is ignoring everything.
This afternoon is forecast for decent weather here. Would send some sunshine to the UK Labour party but there's too much paperwork

Chervil

Site Supporter
I'm sitting in the Nissan dealership, whilst they look at the aircon on my car, which decided to stop working 6 weeks after the 3 year warranty ran out!

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Forecast here in sunny (hah!) Sussex was rain all day yesterday. It was pleasant all day. Forecast today is "showery". Currently (09.20) it's coming down in stair rods.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Yep, aquaplaned my way to work this morning, Anti skid light flashed a few times, Wye up a bit but worse to come l should imagine.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going to pick up a couple of rods and maybe going to check out a stretch of the Teme if it's not too bad, but it looks it at the moment.

FishermanEire

Site Supporter
Jess walked. The sunshine came on like switching a light. Overcast to sunny in milliseconds. Next the fish tank

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_100407.jpg
    IMG_20210508_100407.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210508_100527.jpg
    IMG_20210508_100527.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 9

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Got to rebuild the toilet cubicles in the pub as we've just had new floor laid in the gents. Loads more pubby stuff to do & weather is awful here so fishing is out.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Il fait pluet ici,

two bob wasnt keen this morn, so its just been a garden trip for him, swelling looks the same, so keeping him warm, dry and comfy is the main thing today,

her wenchness was up early and has gone uphill to look after the tiny people, back this after unless a surprise visit here from the munchkins happens, (my stock of choccy bisquits, crisps and Nanas suffer badly then as does the stash of golden coins)

the palace have got the blades later, so the wireless will be on, makes a change to have them playing at a time when all footy games should be played, saturday after and weds eve is footy, not the lottery of what sky demands

dinner prep while listening, gonna knock up a big old sheperds pie and a rice pudding for later

off over to mother dearests tomorrow, spend the after with the old dear, all three of us,

in between times I ought to tie a few more rigs for the first big match of this year, a two day festival on the river rother at newgate and blackwall, the scene of last years abject failure to trouble the scalesman in the Kent championships, I have more of an idea now, though there will be no time to practice, it being held on the first weekend of the new course season

really ought to look at these forms the pension companys have sent me with regard to taking the money rather than continuing with them, get em filled in and sent back,

apart from that Im gonna sit on my arse

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Absoluteley honking it down here since early doors, forecast for plenty of pleut ici all day.

Will be watching Spurs probably flatter to deceive and draw against Leeds at lunchtime, then quick trip out to pick up some bait.

Winter League round 5 tomorrow, so I'll be getting my gear sorted and ready for an early start in the morning. Forecast is for 18degrees tomorrow so migh get away without thermals and 4 layers, pretty windy though so should be interesting.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Some hooks to tie and a few pole floats to rig up, other than that, sat in my tackle room watching it rain 😩. Bit of rugby on TV later. 👍

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Was supposed to be on a match today. Saw the forecast for today and cancelled. Didn't fancy an 80 mile drive home with a car full of wet gear. Especially as the lad is fishing Sunday. Instead of today we went last night and had a very pleasant few hours catching plenty of fish on a local water.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I was planning a trip out somewhere nice today, maybe take the camera and get a few shots in.
Woke up at six to a howlin' hoolie and near horizontal rain. Thought "Nah" and went back to bed.
Highlight of today to look forward to now is cleaning the bog. :(

nejohn

Site Supporter
Feeling a bit tired today as had my second covid jab yesterday, been out with the dogs and got absolutely soaking, so in for the day now as the rain doesn't look like stopping any time soon

OldTaff

Site Supporter
It’s been caning it down here since I got up at 4:30 to go into work - at one point it was sheeting almost horizontally across the yard. I popped gear in the car just in case it eased before I knocked off but it wasn’t to be so.

Came home via tackle shop instead for a few “essentials”. A lot of fellow disgruntled anglers in there bemoaning the weather.

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Nursing a hangover, just bought some gear off ebay. Watch football at lunchtime and rugby this afternoon

Krh57

Site Supporter
Contest today, turned up, turned around and came home. Really didn’t want to set up in the rain and try and keep dry for five hours !! Whimp or what ??