What a lovely day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mungo25

Decided today that this afternoon was going to be dedicated to a few hours by the bank.

Collected some pellets, 1/2 pint whites, sweetcorn and I was ready.

Up to a local lake which I belong to only to find no one else there, couldn't beleive it on such a lovely day.

All you could hear was the birds singing, a couple of house Martins getting a drink and our resident pair of Canada Geese giving me the once over.
sun was shining - bliss.

Started off baiting the margins both sides of me and then trying double maggot on 18 hook straight through 3lb line. Wev'e just had a load of Roach put in and was straight into these, one a chuck. Pleasant enough as giving me much needed pole practice.

Then decided to try both sweetcorn and pellet - nothing, couple of bites but nope.

About 5ish changed to 14 looped hair rig, 4lb line and about 6 inches off the bottom, lake's very shallow anyway and there was a lot of movement on the surface.

Noticed by a small patch of lillies to my right only about 6 inches from the bank feeding fishes, dropped my line in and bang - straight into a fish. I got him away from these lillies but he took me straight across my front and into some other weeds and after about 5 minutes he was off....

Fish still feeding so dropped in there again and straight away another - didn't last as long this one but still good to connect to a couple of decent fish.

Looked back at the same spot and there was still movement, what the heck, dropped in and after about two minutes it went again, this time I wasn't going to lose it, so gently does it and after about 20 minutes I had in the net a lovely 8lb common, real lovely condition.

That was enough for me, just rounded off a real lovely day and a good learning experience for me. Tonight's job make up a few rigs with loops and get back there tomorrow.

Lovely.

mungo25

Today, same place same swim, even better [:D][:D]

Going to change my username to Pole addict 2 [:eek:)]

mungo25

Had half a dozen between 5 -8 lb. Along with a load of silvers but that was when I changed tp my lightweight top.

Was feeding the margins again both sides and alternating between the two. Bloke that runs the lake gave me some good advice about being a little bit more forceful - not too much - just enough to land a bit quicker.

Well pleased really getting to grips with the pole and love it.

mungo25

Cheers FF, got a lot to learn but getting more confident with it each time I use. Totally different and you can really feel the fish.

I like being able to change your style so quickly and adapting to changing conditions.

supersuperleeds

Originally posted by mungo25

Bloke that runs the lake gave me some good advice about being a little bit more forceful - not too much - just enough to land a bit quicker.

I learned that this week. Couple of weeks ago I lost a couple of good chub as I didn't want to force them. This week I put more pressure on and turned two chub easily away from snags and landed them.

mungo25

Got 3 hours in yesterday afternoon, half a dozen good fish all on the pole/pellet.

Mrs is away until tomorrow so those little jobs that I was going to do got put on the backseat and I got down there again today [:D]

Best session so far, 10 fish 9 between 4-7lb and me last one a lovely Common just coming in at 10lb. My first double [:D]

On pellet then deciced to go on corn for my last cast ( 3 oclock became 4 etc ) 2 mins in on corn whack, lovely.

Shame is up early, housework then garden - she's in about 9'30 ish so got me work cut out [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.