What a day!!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just after my delicious pies arrived and two had been munched we set off for Preston.

Eldest daughter has decided being a qualified photographer and an RN isn't enough and she wants to go further so she is going to go back to Uni for another qualification and as she can do it at Uclan she may as well go and be with her sister.

Get on the M6 at j14 at 1215, at 1530 we pull off at Keele services, it had taken us 3 hours to get from j15 to the services, i decided to use the service road from the services, into Keele, down to Newcastle and then down to Stoke station where i got the daughter a ticket and put her on the train to Preston.

45 minutes later i'm back home and having a much needed half pint of coffee followed by a pie and another half pint of coffee, my biggest problems now are

1) i've got to be up for 0530 for work and i've only got that weak gnats pee Nescafe gold blend because i've drank all my Cornish stupidly strong 😭😭

2) i forgot to pick up my heart medication and i've ran out..🙄.....but worse, i've ran out of my stupidly strong coffee 😭😭

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
No Coffee.... oh you poor sod....

Tristar

Knock on next door and ask for coffee like the woman on the adverts in the the 80's did, it could lead to anything :p failing that shake your wrist for the magic beans that worked too :p

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Just after my delicious pies arrived and two had been munched we set off for Preston.

Eldest daughter has decided being a qualified photographer and an RN isn't enough and she wants to go further so she is going to go back to Uni for another qualification and as she can do it at Uclan she may as well go and be with her sister.

Get on the M6 at j14 at 1215, at 1530 we pull off at Keele services, it had taken us 3 hours to get from j15 to the services, i decided to use the service road from the services, into Keele, down to Newcastle and then down to Stoke station where i got the daughter a ticket and put her on the train to Preston.

45 minutes later i'm back home and having a much needed half pint of coffee followed by a pie and another half pint of coffee, my biggest problems now are

1) i've got to be up for 0530 for work and i've only got that weak gnats pee Nescafe gold blend because i've drank all my Cornish stupidly strong 😭😭

2) i forgot to pick up my heart medication and i've ran out..🙄.....but worse, i've ran out of my stupidly strong coffee 😭😭
If the worse happens re: lack of heart pills, can l have your pies please? 👍

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
No Coffee.... oh you poor sod....
Got coffee but it's only Nescafe gold blend instead of proper tasty coffee.... had to have two mugs before i felt like my eyes worked 😟

If the worse happens re: lack of heart pills, can l have your pies please? 👍
What pies?
Last one was eaten about an hour ago ...burp 👍👍

FadingLikeDecay

i've only got that weak gnats pee Nescafe gold blend
I used to love gold blend, but then they changed the recipe not long before the packaging rebranding, and now it tastes like sh!te, and leaves a grainy residue in your mug. I’ve yet to find a decent alternative.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Wondered why Preston went into lockdown this morning. 🤣
You could have called in for a brew👍

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
. I’ve yet to find a decent alternative.
Give Cornwall stupidly strong a try.... bloody gorgeous.

Wondered why Preston went into lockdown this morning. 🤣
You could have called in for a brew👍
I never even made it to J16 mate, i gave up and went through the barrier on the police service road at the back of Keele services 😉

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
This is the best instant coffee I've found, and available in most supermarkets...

1634456622772.png

62tucker

Site Supporter
Am I only 1 who just doesn’t get all the coffee thing.
I sometimes have 1 cup a day. And that be around 11ish.
Some mate can’t leave house in morning without 2 cups.
Why. What does it do to you?
If I have 2 cups before I go out it just make me pee.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Tea for me... an odd cup of coffee every now and then... that said I have no sugar in tea but have to have it in coffee hence I don't drink coffee too often... I don't hold any passion for coffee whatsoever