What a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gaffer

bought a tower at the car boot sunday,got it for spares/repairs etc for a fiver,turned out the power supply was shot but all else was fine,a new power supply for 12 and a mate gave me a sata hard drive for nowt.i now have a good pc for under 20. 3.4 ghz processor 2gb ram 512 graphics card 750gb hard drive and runs vista home premium beautifully.any you lot had any bargains lately ????

zoeb

hello
im a total newie to the forum but had to coment on this :D
1, i love boot sales :D
2, best bargin so far is a fantastic 13ft trampline for 30 quid , kids are made up :D

the gaffer

Originally posted by garethevans1986

Sounds like a good deal Gaffer - just make sure it isn't stolen.

i doubt that very much as it was a local school boot sale, and the guy had removed the hard drive as it had all his data on,usually all the stall holders are parents of the kids in the school.

Useless

Originally posted by the gafferany you lot had any bargains lately ????

The lad's just getting into golf so I thought I'd have a quick look at golf clubs on eBay. Top of the list with 32 minutes remaining were a set of 9 Bencross irons. I'd never heard of them so a quick bit of research told me they were Golf Monthlys 'best irons under 350' back in 2004. A review I read said the RRP was higher but they could be bought for 299. I got them for 23!

Other recent eBay bargains include a couple of pairs of brand new Reebok Classic trainers for 15 quid. Two pairs of nearly new Nike Zoom Air Legend K leather footie boots (60+) for less than a tenner. A pair of good as new badminton rackets that I picked up for a sky diver, which considering one of them was a Yonex that costs upwards of 40 in the shops wasn't half bad. I also bought a brand new 25 Ashaway badminton racket holdall for 5.

Love eBay, hate car boot sales. Bargains or not getting up at the crack of dawn and rubbing shoulders with a bunch of loud/foul mouthed smelly scratters trying to barter down some poor women selling a half decent suit for 50p isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.