What 16m pole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Love

The slapper
I've been looking at some of the reviews and posts about 16m poles coz I'm looking at spending up to about 1000. Trouble is, there's a few new ones out and I am getting mixed opinions. I heard that the Maver 301 was good but then someone else said there are better ones out there like the Preston G81 or Daiwa G8 or Shimano Speedmaster. I need an all-rounder that's stiff and comes with a couple of M tops and P tops. Do any of you guys work in tackle shops and have tried some of these poles out?

Cheers

endpeg

Shimano Speedmaster for me better spares package than the Daiwa G8 but with poles its personal preference.
Try and find a shop with a pole alley so you can see them side by side.[:D]

tackle21

are you looking to buy new, if not i've got a 19mtr tricast excellence for sale. pole retailed at just below 4000 but sold for between 2300/2400with kit that i have added theres about 4000 worth its in the classifieds mate.weighs 935grms at 14mtrs & poker stiff if you are interested give me acall on the tel no on the ad cheers pat

Thom

speedmaster all the way, i own one and can honestly say its better than the g81 and quite similar to the g81 however its lighter and seems to be more rigid. The speedmaster xt has the best finish on the market and when you compare that to the finish of the g8 you'll be buying shimano!

thetraveller

Originally posted by metalforever

speedmaster all the way, i own one and can honestly say its better than the g81 and quite similar to the g81 however its lighter and seems to be more rigid. The speedmaster xt has the best finish on the market and when you compare that to the finish of the g8 you'll be buying shimano!

It took you about 62 years to make your mind up on what pole to buy!!![:p]

Get the G8 Daiwa. Tried and tested.[:)]

rigrif

Speedmaster for me. Its got more strength and a better spares package.

reevo

Find your nearest pole alley mate and make your own desisions.what suits some may not suit you.the daiwa g8 is a cracking pole havin owned one, upgraded to spectron power.keep your eye on ebay you might get a bargain and a better spec pole.

neneangling

Just bought a sensas pole and im very impressed with it, nice finsh, good spares, fishes well

Thom

Originally posted by thetraveller

Originally posted by metalforever

It took you about 62 years to make your mind up on what pole to buy!!![:p]

Get the G8 Daiwa. Tried and tested.[:)]

yeah but also the fact i had hell on locating the poles i wanted to test! Luckily i stumbled across a guy with a G8 at Aldin, same too about the G81!

young un

Garbolino g796
Daiwa g8
Maver Messiah these are all good poles around 1000

Duzabit

You won't go wrong with the speedmaster,
i've used mine to the limits, and wont be
buying another pole for a while. nuff said

Duz.[:D]

davepellet

If he means those proper carp in norwood, then I'd guess the shimano's a bit tough

Matt Love

The slapper
Thanks for the offer. No offense but spending this much means I want to buy a new one with the gurantee and one that i've heard a lot about recently. Good luck selling it.

Originally posted by tackle21

are you looking to buy new, if not i've got a 19mtr tricast excellence for sale. pole retailed at just below 4000 but sold for between 2300/2400with kit that i have added theres about 4000 worth its in the classifieds mate.weighs 935grms at 14mtrs & poker stiff if you are interested give me acall on the tel no on the ad cheers pat

Duzabit

Spot on Dave'' but seriously the pole
is a good alrounder, i like my silvers
just as much as carp hauling and the speedo
does it all''

Duz[:D]

Matt Love

The slapper
Thanks for everyone's input, the Shimano seems to be popular.

Nobody has commented on the Maver though, this new range seems to be in all the reviews and adverts and in lots of shops. Is it just because it's a new range and the margin is high for shops?

Anyone had a waggle?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.