What 11ft feeder rod for commercials (overwhelmed by choice)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I use Fox warrior pellet wag rods, good on large reservoirs, and small commies, tame anything, not fashionable though

Arch

Site Supporter
The extent of my PW fishing only extends to the Meadowlands.

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I tried the pellet wag today, failed miserably. My dad had used most of my pinging pellets as loose feed so only had about 10 minutes worth, couldn't hit the same spot for toffee and when the fish finally started swirling i'd ran out of pellets :LOL:

MrTencherson

Nope just trying to help, to be honest my 1st stop for feeder rods would normally be Tri-cast but those Daiwa's are very good and at the price it is very hard to justify recommending someone to spend £150+ on a rod when bargains like this are around. Yes there are rods that will be better but you will have to pay around £200 to find something that is better than these rods. When ever someone asks for a recommendation you will always get the single manufacturer fan boys recommending the same rods regardless of what the OP is looking for. You asked for recommendations for a good value feeder rod and at the minute those Daiwa rods are probably the best value around, at the RRP of £170 they are a good rod but at £60 they are a brilliant rod hence why good value. If someone asks for the best rod available my answer might have been very different

I was just kidding, I appreciate your help (and so does my wallet) :cool:

Al

MrTencherson

So far you’ve got Drennan acolyte, series 7, puddle checker, vertex, Tri-cast,Daiwa ninja, match, Preston, map, plus you’re own choices, I hope that hasn’t overwhelmed you ?????????

lol - I suppose i should have asked 'What's the worst, 11 foot feeder rod that money can buy'... oh, that'd actually make a good thread? worst rod you've owned???

Zerkalo

lol - I suppose i should have asked 'What's the worst, 11 foot feeder rod that money can buy'... oh, that'd actually make a good thread? worst rod you've owned???

It will be Guru Ngauge knowing my luck as I've just bought a 10ft one. :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@PJ Rothwell haha I’m still waiting on my marketing bonus from drennan ;)

Joking aside the first feeder rod I had was a fairly cheap korum, can’t remember the model but it was pretty naff lol

Zerkalo

Nah mate.ive also just bought the 11ft,used it on sunday.very nice rods,had carp to 11lb.you should like it.

Hope so. It's on it's way by parcelforce and so won't be long till I get it but might be longer before I use it as bought it for winter commercial feeder fishing. (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
You might find it ok for some river work as well. I used a 10ft rod last season as a bit of an experiment and in the right swims it was useable just a bit limiting overall.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Thanks ne john .rod just turned up.
Feels top quality.
Looking at 9s and 10s as back ups but think all gone

MrTencherson

I got mine today too. Looks OK, can't wait to test it out at the weekend.

@Marker50 yeah I noticed that, only one left if the 10ft pellet waggler.

Funny thing I notice is the length. The rod I got says its 11 foot 6 inches on the blank. However, sad I know, I measured it and its 11 foot 3 inches. I wonder what that's all about :LOL: I have half a mind to write to Daiwa and ask where the othe 3 inches is :roflmao:

Al

MrTencherson

Short update. I fished with my new Daiwa 11ft6 commercial feeder today and my fish impressions are positive. First fish today was a smallish ~5lb common and I was shocked at how much this rod bends (compared to my tfg) I was genuinely worried that this rod might be too soft. Any ways a few fish later and I'm warming to this rod, I had a mixed bag of roach, bream and about 10 carp but no biggies (largest was about 9lb) .

I really enjoyed using the rod and I'm getting used to using a softer rod - I didn't have a single hook pull all day which I think the rod is to thank for.

It casts well and has a lovely playing action (once I got my head around the softness). I just think I need to catch one of the larger lumps in the lake to be 100 percent but I suspect it'll be fine for the kind of fishing I do.

I'm very happy with my purchase, thanks again for everyone's help.

Cheers

Al

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Apart from the SLR, most of the more expensive Daiwa feeder rods are quite soft. I've had carp to 17lb on my 10ft Yank n Bank and it's quite a soft rod compared to some.