What 11ft feeder rod for commercials (overwhelmed by choice)

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Dawia yank and bank excellent, and a verygood price
Guru n-gage again excellent, slightly more expensive,but well within your budget.
I currently use both these rods and would highly recommend.
If you want a quality rod at a higher price point,you got to have alook at the tricast range,I can recommend the xrs 2k4,and the trilogy as I've owned them both in different sizes,and are excellent.tricast excellence also excellent rods.
You are spoilt for choice really with a £200.00 budget.

MrTencherson

Dawia yank and bank excellent, and a verygood price
Guru n-gage again excellent, slightly more expensive,but well within your budget.
I currently use both these rods and would highly recommend.
If you want a quality rod at a higher price point,you got to have alook at the tricast range,I can recommend the xrs 2k4,and the trilogy as I've owned them both in different sizes,and are excellent.tricast excellence also excellent rods.
You are spoilt for choice really with a £200.00 budget.

I know, right? Far too much choice :)

Anyway, I've taken a punt on the daiwa commercial (thanks @nejohn ) at £60 for a daiwa rod (used to have a daiwa whisker float rod in the 80's and that cost me £60 back then :LOL:), dont think I can go too far wrong.

If it dont work out I've not lost much.

Cheers for everyone's help

Al

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I know, right? Far too much choice :)

Anyway, I've taken a punt on the daiwa commercial (thanks @nejohn ) at £60 for a daiwa rod (used to have a daiwa whisker float rod in the 80's and that cost me £60 back then :LOL:), dont think I can go too far wrong.

If it dont work out I've not lost much.

Cheers for everyone's help

Al
Good choice, great price.

Rick123

Site Supporter
You have missed on of the best rods on the market, the Tricast 11 feeder rod. See Joe Carass on YouTube, "best on test 11'' feeder rod" He also reviews the Acolyte you mention.

MrTencherson

You have missed on of the best rods on the market, the Tricast 11 feeder rod. See Joe Carass on YouTube, "best on test 11'' feeder rod" He also reviews the Acolyte you mention.

Lol, I'll have a look on you tube at some point. Thanks for the recommendation. However, it might be that the daiwa will exceed my expectations anyway and I'll have saved a bunch of cash to spend on other fishing tackle later. Oh maybe a pellet waggler... :D

Ya never know

If I dont like the daiwa, I'll Ebay it and try something else, no biggie :)

Al

nejohn

Site Supporter
I don't think you will be disappointed they are really nice rods, don't be fooled by the thin blank they do have quite a bit of grunt lower down when needed, if you are thinking about a pellet waggler rod you will be hard pushed to get better value for money than the pellet waggler version of the feeder rod you have ordered from the same people, at £55 they are another bargain

lp1886

Site Supporter
The Daiwa commercial rods are incredible for <£60. I bought the standard pellet waggler rod and so far so good. I’m tempted to go for the feeder rod as well but at the moment I’m happy with my setup.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
The 9 foot 6 version of the Daiwa commercial feeder rod looks a bargain at £59.99 from Hull Angling as well.

MrTencherson

I don't think you will be disappointed they are really nice rods, don't be fooled by the thin blank they do have quite a bit of grunt lower down when needed, if you are thinking about a pellet waggler rod you will be hard pushed to get better value for money than the pellet waggler version of the feeder rod you have ordered from the same people, at £55 they are another bargain

Are you on commission :LOL:

nejohn

Site Supporter
Are you on commission :LOL:
Nope just trying to help, to be honest my 1st stop for feeder rods would normally be Tri-cast but those Daiwa's are very good and at the price it is very hard to justify recommending someone to spend £150+ on a rod when bargains like this are around. Yes there are rods that will be better but you will have to pay around £200 to find something that is better than these rods. When ever someone asks for a recommendation you will always get the single manufacturer fan boys recommending the same rods regardless of what the OP is looking for. You asked for recommendations for a good value feeder rod and at the minute those Daiwa rods are probably the best value around, at the RRP of £170 they are a good rod but at £60 they are a brilliant rod hence why good value. If someone asks for the best rod available my answer might have been very different

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Superior. Ken said the Vertex were superior to Series 7 and I wondered how or in what way.
The Vertex range are slimmer lighter and a much better blank than the series 7 which were good 15 years ago when they came out but things have improved since then. The only bad point is the Vertex come in an ordinary cloth bag as against the grey ready rod case the Series 7 came in but the improvements in the rod are worth it.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
So far you’ve got Drennan acolyte, series 7, puddle checker, vertex, Tri-cast,Daiwa ninja, match, Preston, map, plus you’re own choices, I hope that hasn’t overwhelmed you ?????????

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
So far you’ve got Drennan acolyte, series 7, puddle checker, vertex, Tri-cast,Daiwa ninja, match, Preston, map, plus you’re own choices, I hope that hasn’t overwhelmed you ?????????

Also Greys, Shimano, Shakespeare, Mitchell Browning ?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Guru, cadence, as well , every Drennan model ever made, every Daiwa, every tri-cast, every maver, every Preston, every map, the list goes on

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Feeder rods are certainly a minefield just about every brand does decent ones which I find isnt so much the case with float rods

Arch

Site Supporter
I've got both the Daiwa commercial Pellet waggler and the Feeder rod in the XP version. Very nice rods and just what I need for those venues where the carp are a little bigger. I've had a Yank and Bank PW version. That was also a good rod. Never used any other make of PW rods, so can't give an opinion on them.