What’s your view on this ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bait boats and drones - it's cheating. However; as long as they don't disturb other anglers then let them get on with it. Uncaring anglers using spods/spombs well that's another matter - I was once legering for roach when a carp angler set up directly next to me and started to spomb - I was forced to have a word in his shell-like - inconsiderate so and so!!!
You’ve taught me something there pal. 👍 I’d never heard of a Sponb before. I’ve just looked on eBay to see what they were. I’ve heard of spods but, never Spombs.

rudd

Site Supporter
Same here, drones are banned. Bait boats are also banned on our waters, but they're nothing that a hollow point pellet can't sort out. ;)
Same on my waters.
Moderated /scoped crossman 2250xl hand cannon with a jsb hades serves as a (silent) decent deterrent.

Would I actually shoot?
Absolutely no way, both shots are dangerous and a miss or pellet bouncing off water could go anywhere.
Also it may be a serious firearms offence to even threaten to shoot some ones personal property?

MrBen

Site Supporter
Same on my waters.
Moderated /scoped crossman 2250xl hand cannon with a jsb hades serves as a (silent) decent deterrent.

Would I actually shoot?
Absolutely no way, both shots are dangerous and a miss or pellet bouncing off water could go anywhere.
Also it may be a serious firearms offence to even threaten to shoot some ones personal property?
If it’s over your property I can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to. I was going to shoot the window looker one down, but they got the message.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Same on my waters.

Would I actually shoot?
Depends on the angle of the shot as to whether or not the pellet will ricochet off the water, I haven't had it happen yet. Our lakes have sloping banks lined with trees, and other shrubbery so hiding is no problem, besides, I have full permission to shoot around the lakes and surrounding areas as part of my bailiff duties (pest control).

My set up is a BSA R10se with custom made vented and moderated carbon barrel shroud with silencer, scope mounted range finder and red dot with a Pard NV007 for night vision. And yes, those Hades sure make a mess of things. ;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Depends on the angle of the shot as to whether or not the pellet will ricochet off the water, I haven't had it happen yet. Our lakes have sloping banks lined with trees, and other shrubbery so hiding is no problem, besides, I have full permission to shoot around the lakes and surrounding areas as part of my bailiff duties (pest control).

My set up is a BSA R10se with custom made vented and moderated carbon barrel shroud with silencer, scope mounted range finder and red dot with a Pard NV007 for night vision. And yes, those Hades sure make a mess of things. ;)
Peter mate …… put a shirt on pal. 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 9FA64A6C-D2DD-4F59-8105-1F700F97AA3B.jpg
    9FA64A6C-D2DD-4F59-8105-1F700F97AA3B.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 2