What’s the first thing you set up ?

adriang

Site Supporter
landing net first, and then pretty well last when I'm packing up. For exactly the reason in the original post..

Tom W

Seat box always gets placed first, then put everything else around it. Then mix up groundbait.

Again, net is always last for me too, but I also don't put a line in until everything else is sorted so a little different to others.

sjmclean

My routine is: ground bait and pellets/ Box, side tray, then pole and rods out, and off from there.

If I'm using pellets or groundbait, that first. Then probably rod and reel. Then landing net. But I won't cast out till the net is ready for the same reasons that everyone else states.

Noddy220

The way I do it is to sort out my bait (Groundbait and micros) first so they have enough time to settle and add water later if I need to. Then lay landing nets out. Then seatbox, accessories and pole rollers. Lastly rods, pole and landing net. These are set up last because moving around your peg its easy to accidentally stand on one, which I found out the hard way. Then you can concentrate on plumbing, clipping up and you dont have to move off your seat at all.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Mrs Whizz’s chair if she’s with me, then landing net. Then make up groundbait and ball some in. Then chair or box with accessories. Rod or pole last.