What’s the first thing you set up ?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I'm a complete mess both arriving and setting up and packing up on the bank.

In an ideal world; Seatbox, Any groundbait / Micros / Pumped Pellets, Feeder out to the side & then pole.

Buuuuuuuuuut I'm usually zoned out and it can go in any order. 9/10 I'll forget to put my landing net together also. Worst habit ever.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
My Glasses ..........today one of our club members took a 45min round trip because he forgot his ..............ermmmmmmm no he didnt they were in his jacket pocket..........arrive at peg put the bins on you know where they are

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
My Glasses ..........today one of our club members took a 45min round trip because he forgot his ..............ermmmmmmm no he didnt they were in his jacket pocket..........arrive at peg put the bins on you know where they are

Got a Cheapo spare Pair in a few places in my Gear just in case (y)

rudd

Site Supporter
Took my dogs on the canal for a walk this morning and came across two anglers that had just got there. The first item they were putting up was their landing nets. I said Jokingly .... “ you two are optimistic aren’t ya ? They said .... “ Well, if anything was to blow in we can get it out quick “. I’d never thought of that myself. Usually it’s the last thing I set up before a session is my landing net.
Always set up landing net first and break it down last.
Can then fish flask or hat out of the pond if they go in!