What’s the first thing you set up ?

Silver fan 82

Took my dogs on the canal for a walk this morning and came across two anglers that had just got there. The first item they were putting up was their landing nets. I said Jokingly .... “ you two are optimistic aren’t ya ? They said .... “ Well, if anything was to blow in we can get it out quick “. I’d never thought of that myself. Usually it’s the last thing I set up before a session is my landing net.
I set my landing net up first and it's the last thing I pack away for the reason that if I'm fishing and land that dream double figure Bream or Tench and its not set up then I'm up s**t creek!

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Setting up, seat box, keepnet, landing net, groundbait making then setting up sidetray bait, getting everything out of bags ready to set rods up set rods up, last check I've everything I need where it needs to be once ass is in the seat I'm not moving unless I need a pee. :eek:

feldri

Site Supporter
When I get to my peg, seatbox positioned first, carryall behind it, then rod holdall to the left. Keepnet in and then landing net set up and positioned. Groundbait mixed and set aside while I set up rods or pole. Attachments added to seatbox. Riddle groundbait and put on sidetray. Sit down, pour a coffee and light a fag. Then I'm ready to go.
Packing up, the keepnet is always first. Fish photographed and put back and net stretched out on bank to dry while I pack everything else up.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
You mastered the art of levitation Wise Owl ? Or you got your platform Crocks on while taking that picture ? ???

I Bought him that chair for his Birthday and our Gert said "He wont sit in it" i put it up and he was on it and Comfy, so i took that Photo for Gert.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Was keepnet today, get it first so if it spooks the fish it gives them chance to settle. Then I set up my baitwaiter as I was standing up and wanted to position it in the right place. I keep my baitwater in my stink bag with my landing net so that was next. Then the only thing left to set up is a rod.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
I'v lost a fine perch a while ago because I forgot slash didn't bother setting up the landing net before starting the session. I fished a venue which I knew held fine perch, but where I usually just land microperch.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Seat box and attachments first then seat box moved forward in to position on the peg, then I move away and set everything else up. Usually landing net last, hangover from a kid where it was considered a jinx to set it up first. Can honestly say I have never set up and put a baited hook in the water without everything set up first.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Seat box and attachments first then seat box moved forward in to position on the peg, then I move away and set everything else up. Usually landing net last, hangover from a kid where it was considered a jinx to set it up first. Can honestly say I have never set up and put a baited hook in the water without everything set up first.
Don’t you set up the diving board first ?

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Wade out and set me rigger platform up,all level,, I use a magnetic scaffolders level,, so I don’t lose it, then chuck me box on top???