Whaley Bridge

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Just been watching Whaley Bridge on the news. There is the possibility that the dam could burst releasing the whole reservoir of water into the town. We live three miles away but fortunately it’s three miles up a steep hill. Feel very sorry for all the people who have been evacuated. Let’s hope that the worst doesn’t happen.

Are your local rivers flooding or is it just very localised?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Had a walk round our club waters which are stream fed. 4 pegs are underwater at the far end of lake 2. Looks like the outlet is blocked so another job for me to sort out.

Total

Site Supporter
Had a walk round our club waters which are stream fed. 4 pegs are underwater at the far end of lake 2. Looks like the outlet is blocked so another job for me to sort out.

Probably blocked with all that 'fluff' mate. :p:ROFLMAO:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Sound like a full time job you have.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Sound like a full time job you have.

It might as well be since the holidays have started. Yesterday I had to tell 4 people to leave, it's members only waters and they didn't have a membership card. It's always the same round the holidays, even though there are signs up, there's always somebody taking liberties. We had a lot of rain come down a few days ago and outlets couldn't cope with it ( lakes are stream fed) so had to fire up the generator to help pump some water out. Got to go down again today to do some strimming and trimming and a general tidy up.