Wexford town....

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Walking through Wexford town, a few hours ago....a posh tarty lady approached me, and offered me a great time....the princely sum she required for this 'nuit d'amour', was gonna be €49.50 !! I said, 'On yer bike, mam'selle..'

I moved down beyond the beloved Aldi; where I was stopped by yet another poor girl in need of sustenance. She only needed €15.

So I asked her why the difference in price, to which she informed my delicate ears that she 'hadn't got a womb' !. ...So I asked her what difference that would make, to which she replied,

...'we would have to do it against the wailings. ! !' :D

The Landlord

Site Supporter
My grandmother's family were from Wexford.
No knee tremblers with me cousins eh, Trogg!

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Walking through Wexford town, a few hours ago....a posh tarty lady approached me, and offered me a great time....the princely sum she required for this 'nuit d'amour', was gonna be €49.50 !! I said, 'On yer bike, mam'selle..'

I moved down beyond the beloved Aldi; where I was stopped by yet another poor girl in need of sustenance. She only needed €15.

So I asked her why the difference in price, to which she informed my delicate ears that she 'hadn't got a womb' !. ...So I asked her what difference that would make, to which she replied,

...'we would have to do it against the wailings. ! !' :D
The old ones are the best Trogg

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I am going over to Eire for Christmas and whilst there will be looking at a property on the Cork Kerry border. Does anyone know what the coarse fishing is like around Glanmore lake?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't go that far south mate to be honest, the lower you go the less coarse fishing there is!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know there's a day ticket carp fishery in New Ross, google oaklands, as far as i know it's the only one this far down, in fact i reckon after New Ross there's nothing but game and sea fishing although i'm sure @kevin o connor and @Tyecon will be able to give you more info than i can as i'm only a Brit invading for a week or so ;)

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you are looking for coarse fishing in the Cork area I would recommend you look at Inniscarra. If you want to pm me I can give you the name of a good man to contact in the area.

Tyecon

Oakland's is a nice day out fish a chuck when there on mostly f1s you also have
loch mahon near enniscorty mixed fishery fly course and specimen biggest carp at 20l/b
And southern county fishing in carlow 3 lakes dominately fly fishing but have introduced carp all of them have Facebook pages all lakes have toilets and refreshments

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Cork/ Kerry area is on the South West corner of of the country, the 3 lakes mentioned, are a good 3 hour drive away in the South East.

Total

Site Supporter
I know there's a day ticket carp fishery in New Ross, google oaklands, as far as i know it's the only one this far down, in fact i reckon after New Ross there's nothing but game and sea fishing although i'm sure @kevin o connor and @Tyecon will be able to give you more info than i can as i'm only a Brit invading for a week or so ;)

Only surprised you ain't doing a bit of overtime on a job there. ;):giggle:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the info fella's. The house we are looking at is on the Cork/Kerry border and to be honest it looks idyllic and if I have to travel a bit to get some fishing in then so be it; it will be just nice to retire. I have seen some lovely looking stretches of river around Waterville and I will be doing some exploring when I go over at Christmas, but, as has already been posted it seems to be all salmon and trout, I may have to buy some fluff chucking gear.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the info fella's. The house we are looking at is on the Cork/Kerry border and to be honest it looks idyllic and if I have to travel a bit to get some fishing in then so be it; it will be just nice to retire. I have seen some lovely looking stretches of river around Waterville and I will be doing some exploring when I go over at Christmas, but, as has already been posted it seems to be all salmon and trout, I may have to buy some fluff chucking gear.

Wait till you see the prices of fuel over there ;)

Like Kev said, send him a PM and he'll put you onto a guy who knows all the best fishing in that area!