Wet Weather Clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Hi all,
After spending 5 hours sat in the rain yesterday and getting soaked
to the skin on a local canal with a 9ft hedge 1ft behind me. Had to keep standing up to ship in/out over the hedge so could not get brolly in.
Also i find it impossible to fish the pole whilst wearing my 3/4 length fishing coat, over the years i've tried 1 piece suits and found them useless when useing the pole as well.
Can anyone recomend a jacket thats short/water proof and lightweight and that is useable whilst fishing the pole. Legs are no problem as the bib N brace are water proof.
Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Malc,
I think you'll find that Halkon-Hunt and Protak both do a bomber style jacket specificaly for pole fishing.
Been picking the armchair swims again icon_smile_question.gif
Cheers,
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

MALC

Cheers Peter,
Armchair swim i wish!!

Just been on Protak web site seen their short pole jacket i'll have to pop down the shop tomorrow and try a few out they look about right for what i need.

I'll learn one day how to fish the pole in a 3/4 coat i always seem to ship the pole into the pocket or knock the bait off the bait table when wearing them though, i'm just cack handed i suppose.

cheers
MALC

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
malc,drennan also do a bomber style jacket called drenchwear.its expensive but breathable as well as practical.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Malc,
Please don't take this the wrong way,The only way i can polefish in a 3/4 length jacket is to do the thing up otherwise as you say everything gets knocked off the bait table etc,otherwise it's off with the jacket and stick with a fleece.
CHEERS,
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

MALC

Cheers for the input Keith/Peter.

Had a look at a few make's in the shop yesterday and think it'll be the
Protack short jacket mainly due to me being a bit on the small (skinny)
side. It felt just like a fleece as opposed to a coat.

And Peter i did not take it wrong way, started with the coat zipped up and silly hood on but i just find them so bulky and long (even the thin one's) and yes like an idiot off went the coat and just the fleece stayed on and that ain't even dribble proof.

cheers
Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.