Wet Feet

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Dont know if anyone else has issues with wet feet when fishing but in teh summer its totally fine and normally wear sandals and in winter i have canadian snow boots which are fully waterproof and lined and tested down to -30c which are brilliant in the cold months but way too warm for autumn and spring so been looking and just brought these boots, along with my thermal socks i am sat here with roasting feet lol but just stood in a bucket of water up to the ankle and poured a whole bucket of water on the shoes and totally dry so will see how they last this weekend as my left foot gets socked when i fish from my landing net so will be interesting to see if they stay dry after 5 hrs!

Amazon product
Amazon product
oh and i hate wearing neoprene/rubber wellies which i know would be 100% waterproof before anyone says

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I just wear wellies when the weather is too cold for clogs but too warm for SkeeTex.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
If I’m not wearing waders then leather walking boots are what I wear until the temperature gauge drops below about 8 centigrade ... in the summer with very thin socks and then old bridgedales at this time of year. They are actually comfortable in 30 degree heat (On the rare occasion ;) )
as one of my other hobbies is mountain walking I have a reasonable supply of older worn kit that can be relegated to fishing use.
The pair I’m using at the moment are not goretex lined, but cope with everything other than prolonged immersion, as long as they get a regular coat of waterproofing wax.

but ... walking through long wet grass for a distance is a quick way to wet feet, even with these boots.

rudd

Site Supporter
If I’m not wearing waders then leather walking boots are what I wear until the temperature gauge drops below about 8 centigrade ... in the summer with very thin socks and then old bridgedales at this time of year. They are actually comfortable in 30 degree heat (On the rare occasion ;) )
as one of my other hobbies is mountain walking I have a reasonable supply of older worn kit that can be relegated to fishing use.
The pair I’m using at the moment are not goretex lined, but cope with everything other than prolonged immersion, as long as they get a regular coat of waterproofing wax.

but ... walking through long wet grass for a distance is a quick way to wet feet, even with these boots.
put some gaiters on ?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’ve gone back to Dunlop green wellies with a generic “thermal” sock which is fine this time of year but come the old weather it will be a return to my Ariat Bunfold insulated wellies - they were eyewateringly expensive but they are an amazing boot that have earned their keep for the last few years.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
Right now, I use my standard wellies, which work just fine. I also have a pairs of wellies lined with wool (Tretorn Bore) , and when I add a thick wool innersole, they keep me dry and warm. When icefishing under extreme conditions, I go for garb made for american iceanglers (ex. Frabill), and boots to match the garb. If you plan to release fish back to the drink, you should be very careful when temperature fall to 10 below or lower. Extreme frost quickly cause permanent damage to the fishes eyes, and fishing under conditions such should be avoided. If you fish for the pan, it doesn't matter.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"Dont know if anyone else has issues with wet feet when fishing but in teh summer its totally fine and normally wear sandals and in winter i have canadian snow boots which are fully waterproof and lined and tested down to -30c which are brilliant in the cold months but way too warm for autumn and spring so been looking and just brought these boots, along with my thermal socks i am sat here with roasting feet lol but just stood in a bucket of water up to the ankle and poured a whole bucket of water on the shoes and totally dry so will see how they last this weekend as my left foot gets socked when i fish from my landing net so will be interesting to see if they stay dry after 5 hrs"

"wet feet" "water" "sandals" "fish"

Blimey it's Ginger of Nazareth