Westlands lakes (middle pond) East Yorkshire

LeeRobbo

Had a great day today on middle pond, was a slow start but came up trumps with short pole and small method feeder with match method dark and micros 50/50 and maggot hookbait

bloodworm soft hookers on pole and they lapped it up, not mega weight but a cheeky 60-65lb 👍🏻 For this time of year I’ll take that!

Attachments

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Good to hear you had a good day especially with a lot of places being flooded out. Looks a fair distance to ship back to your first pole roller though.

LeeRobbo

Yeah water level was pretty high, and I thought it may actually make the day really difficult, was great though! I’m only just getting back into it to be honest bud, always been a rod and reel man aswell but treat myself to a 9m margin pole just to see what all the fuss was about and now I’m hooked! (No pun intended) I’ve only got a really small single roller so couldn’t get it any closer, but I do have a pair of long legged dual ones on my Christmas list from the wife haha even looking to get a 16m package aswell now

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I know that peg, I fell in the water off it!
Glad you had a good session mate!

I've noticed at Westlands, you seem to catch different varieties of carp every trip, depending on conditions.
Go back for those feisty big mirrors on pellet wag when it gets warmer.
April / May?

:)(y)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@LeeRobbo I as the same as you chip, got back in to fishing 3 years ago started with a Middy Hotspot 9.5 metre margin pole, which was soon followed by Middy M3 14.5 Metre and finally ended up with the Daiiwa Whisker XLS I have now, In hindsight I wouldn't have bought the Middy M3 just bit the bullet and gone for 16 metre pole. It is rare that I fish at 16 metres, but even fishing at 14.5 metres it is more comfortable than fishing the Middy M3 at the same distance. Really enjoying fishing the pole now.

If you are going down the 16 Metre pole route I would recommend getting some dual pole rollers. I use MAP dual rollers and the extra benefits are if it's windy then having the dual sections stop the pole rolling like on a full length roller and less likely to bounce off, the other advantage comes if you need to double un-ship if the space behind the peg is limited.

LeeRobbo

😂 banksy that made me chuckle as I very nearly did exactly the same! They’re quite tight considering they’re out on the water! And I think that is definitely the plan once the weather is better! You’re more than welcome to join any time aswell bud 👍🏻

scribe, I’ve been looking at the maver oculus 799 package as it’s on a really good offer at the minute, and the mv-r dual rollers, I’m absolutely mad for it! Only thing I found with my mv-r pole is my back does hurt a bit after a full day on the bank, think it might be the way I’m sat and trying to hold it, instead of resting it on my legs etc

oh yes, and I’m a tackle tart by the way, as you can tell by my setup I’m maver mad 👍🏻😂