Westlake Seat box

MaxGwill

I've recently started fishing again, and decided it was time for a new box. I've had an own brand box from ultimate direct for almost 10 years and it's been great. As this has lasted me well, I thought I'd have a look round at similar boxes before going to the obvious Preston, Map maver etc and spending well over £500.

I saw the westlake seat box combo on Go outdoors and decided I'd take a punt online and return to store if need be.

I took it out today and I'm really happy with it. Its well built and very sturdy, has plenty of storage for rigs and hooks and all kinds of tackle.

I got a few attachments in the deal and naught a few extra (feeder arm, rest and pole sock, tray with insert for groundbait bowl and the groundbait bowl) and again these exceed my expectations considering the price.

The box is really comfortable and has some nice extras like spirit levels and threads in some of the legs which I didn't expect.

If I was to be really picky, it's on the heavy side but it does come with wheels and a bumpbar/trolley handle for pegs far away. I would also like a deeper storage tray for reels and bait tubs, but the clips look like they would fit a Preston lock.

All in all I'm really happy with the box and it its very impressive considering the price. It cost me 245 from go outdoors with a discount code. If you need a new box I'd seriously consider taking a look and trying this box out!

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_113402.jpg
    IMG_20200613_113402.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 52