Westlake Match Pole Roller Holdall and 20L Plus Bait Cooler Bag review

dave brittain 1

Normally I wouldn't buy an unknown brand holdall or bait bag however while in Go-Outdoors prior to the last lockdown I came across the Westlake Match 20L plus bait cooler bag which at the time was around £15.99. I was that impressed with the quality I bought it there and then. It was for me, better than my old Preston Cooler Bag being slightly bigger and just as good, if not better in terms of quality. It was also half the price.

You can see by the pictures how much bait you can put in it and there's more than enough room for another 2Kg bag of groundbait or 6 more pints of pellets.

The side pocket will take spare catapults, a couple of large hook boxes or a qty of bait box lids.

A week after buying the Bait Cooler Bag, I saw the pole roller holdall on the internet on offer with free delivery for £24. Given that most branded bags are around £50 I decided to take a chance. It didn't disappoint.

As you can see by the pictures it takes everything plus the kitchen sink. In the bag there are two Preston Competition Pro XL Pole Rollers, a Preston 4 net tool bar, a Preston mini 2 net tool bar, a Preston 3 rod holder, A Preston rigid groundbait bowl attachment hoop, a variety of Preston and Matrix Cross and Strait Arms, Pole Socks, Rod and top kit rests, a drill, groundbait whisk, float tube, large hook length box, baitbox lids, sun cream etc.

The thing is huge, it's robust and like the cool bag at the price was one of the best bargains I've picked up and should last several years without any issues. I haven't particularly taken care of either and they have been out in the wet and cold and extreme heat but are showing no signs of wear. The cooler bag has had a good wash inside after I put it away wet and some damp pellets decided to breed :poop: A good clean with disinfectant and hot water had the inside looking like new with no issues.

Current prices are around £22 for the cooler bag and around £28 for the pole roller bag both of which represent good value for money. Look on-line for best prices.

20210808_163121.jpg
20210808_163330.jpg
20210808_163406.jpg
20210808_163557.jpg
20210808_163504.jpg

Last edited:

SeanB

Site Supporter
Good review, thanks for sharing Dave. My old faithful Drennan Team England cool bag was cruelly taken before its time by the rats who decided to eat my shed over winter, so this could be just what I'm looking for.

dave brittain 1

Good review, thanks for sharing Dave. My old faithful Drennan Team England cool bag was cruelly taken before its time by the rats who decided to eat my shed over winter, so this could be just what I'm looking for.
Sean highly recommended no nonsense quality cooler bag. A bit like Cadence great value for money.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
That pole roller bag is very similar to my Daiwa Tournament one and holds about the same amount of tackle. But at nearly a quarter of the price of the Daiwa.
I saw the westlake online but with it being an unknown brand I decided against it and went for the Daiwa.

dave brittain 1

That pole roller bag is very similar to my Daiwa Tournament one and holds about the same amount of tackle. But at nearly a quarter of the price of the Daiwa.
I saw the westlake online but with it being an unknown brand I decided against it and went for the Daiwa.
It probably isn't quite as good quality or as well designed as the Daiwa but at the price it's a good no nonsense, functional bit of kit that carries more kit than most of us will ever need. The bait cooler bag is as good as a lot of well known brands and should last for years

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
It probably isn't quite as good quality or as well designed as the Daiwa but at the price it's a good no nonsense, functional bit of kit that carries more kit than most of us will ever need. The bait cooler bag is as good as a lot of well known brands and should last for years
My bait bag is from Aldi, foil lined and good value.