westfield country park

Has anyone fished this venue recently? Our coffin-dodging crew have booked a week here in May. Have we wasted our cash?

LeeRobbo

I’m looking at booking a week for may aswell and just messaged them, 2 out the 3 lakes are day ticket so I’m going to head down over the next few weeks and see how it fishes ??

LeeRobbo

Good fishing to be fair pal, 3 ponds (one for residents in the lodges, one full of little stockies and the match style pond with a centre island)

I found the short pole line with a 6/8mm over micros worked well and corn over groundbait in the margins worked really well as well buddy.

also caught well when flicking a method feeder over to the island with match method g/b and 8mm orange wafter on the hook pal

LeeRobbo

Only key workers are being allowed to rent out the lodges at the minute buddy, I’ve just got back from staying there for a week and had to provide a letter and proof of being a key worker to be able to make a booking. Give them a bell bud and have a chat with either Andy or Antonia

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I didn't think anyone was allowed to be staying overnight , regardless of job, really surprised .

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Just had a look on their website and whom they consider key workers looks like make it up as you go along ??

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Im not wanting to go , Im questioning the legality of it. I live on the East Coast , the caravan and holiday lodge capital of the world, and not one site has been allowed to let anyone stay. The list of key workers covers half the population !