Wellingborough DNAC New Disabled Accessible Toilets At Ringstead

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I am pleased to be able to state that the club have now installed new disabled accessible toilets on the Millcotton part of the Brian Crowhurst Ringstead Island complex.

Flushable and serviced weekly they complete the task of making the fishery suitable for all anglers. In the main car park are five accessible and safe platforms together with the new toilets.

The club is committed to making angling accessible to all.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I should now add that the accessible platforms have been reduced to three but they are each three metres wide. This is to accommodate a carer/companion and to make manouevering a wheelchair easier. Members are asked to leave these platforms free for blue badge holders to use.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Since joining the committee last year I have been impressed by the commitment of the club to be part of the fabric of the area. This has led me to write a piece about our community involvement and relationship. The following is the opening two paragraphs. I'm hoping what I have written forms the basis of an information leaflet that can be used in various scenarios including grant applications.

Wellingborough & District Nene Angling Club

More Than Just An Angling Club

Wellingborough and District Nene Angling club (WDNAC) is over 150 years old. As one of the oldest organisations in Wellingborough we feel we are a part of the fabric of the town and its surroundings. The club fully embraces its potential to assist with the provision of recreational activities beyond angling and thus bring benefit and improved well-being to the whole Nene Valley community.

The club's primary aim is to promote angling and provide its members with first class facilities. This can range from enabling access to otherwise unmanaged stretches of river or man-made, well maintained lakes where the whole family can enjoy a day out. In doing this we do not lose sight of our position within the wider community. Thus we not only provide support to various non-angling charities but also an environment where all are welcome be they dog walkers, horse riders, joggers, ramblers or cyclists to name but some who use our fisheries or benefit from their management.