Wellingborough Acquire Oundle Waters

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Being that it is December 1 and the new club books are officially available I can confirm that Wellingborough and District Nene AC now have the old Oundle AC stretches of the Nene under its control. The acquisition was with the full cooperation and agreement of Oundle AC.

Bringing theses new waters within the scope of the Wellingborough book means that local anglers will no longer have to buy two memberships to fish the two club's waters. The old Oundle stretches are well known for the quality of the fishing available and the breadth of waters Wellingborough controls means anglers have now got even better value for their annual membership. The cost of club membership for Wellingborough has remained at 2019 levels.

Over recent years the club have added the two lakes at Canons Ashby, a stretch of the Luton controlled Grand Union and now this new length of the Nene. Platforms have been replaced on the two "match" lakes and approximately half the planned 40 platforms installed on the river at Ringstead. The club is continually seeking to improve the facilities and quality of fishing it offers.

As always though, the Saturday morning working party would not turn away any willing volunteers, even if it is someone to brew the tea and cook up the bacon rolls! No special skills required, just a pair of hands to fetch and carry or hold things while others hit them.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Thanks for keeping us informed Neil and I will 100% be buying a Wellingborough card as I fish the Nene around Oundle every season and its one of my favorite venues, I may get back into match fishing next year are there any plans to hold matches @ Oundle

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I understand that the old Oundle AC matches will continue. There may be a Wellingborough club match on the water but I cannot say for certain. The "merger" came late in the year and next year's match schedule may already have been set.