Well worth the wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe0709

Got my preston onbox x6s yesterday after a couple months of waiting and wow is this one sexy box [:D]

It's also a lot more spacious than I had thought with plenty of rig storage space and plenTy of room for my hooks,line,floats, shot etc.

Also the base unit at the bottom is pretty big in itself easily taking my reels and other essentials.

I like how they have changed the clips so they don't fold under when closing the box as knowing my luck they will all be broke on the first session.

The only thing that dissapointed me were the "non-marking legs" HAH I have been having a play in the house and in order for the box to not slide down the legs you need to tighten it up pretty well, It's obvious preston knew they would get marked as they have placed the screws that mark the box facing in towards the box so you can't really see them unless you get around and have a look.

I heard everyone saying how heavy it was etc. but tbh I didn't find it that heavy with all my gear in but would deff need a trolly for a long walk to you're peg.

The only thing now is to get out on the bank and give it a proper good testing, I think I might wrap it in clingfilm so it doesn't get dirty [:I]

timglit

Had mine since Jan i dont think you'll be dissapointed, the cushion is extremely comfortable.

Just a few minor niggles, nearly all of the black plastic caps have fallen out of the legs/footplate at one time or another i think its because they are not aligned very well so when you pull an accessory off they come off too, I have now glued them in and filed flush seems to have done the job.

otherwise am very satisfied. [:T]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
I have the old style(purchased last year) X6 and on the bank it is great. The range of attachments are good and they are reasonably priced. Get a top kit roost, brilliant.

I thought it was heavy but i bought the trolley and i have no issues now. I dont think its just the weight of the box that is the problem, its all the rest of the c**p that we decide to take with us added to it.

You wont be dissapointed, great piece of kit.

Genus9

I can't fault Mine, [:)]

I'd seen the plastic gromets fall out on the previous space stations that customers/mates have had so I dremelled mine down and glued them in place before I used it,

It's true there's plenty of space but I've put another unit just below the seat that takes some more rigs and catties and stuff,

Also the only legs that do mark are the 2 front one, they mark from the foot plate bracket, other than that I can't find no marks on the other 4 legs, [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.