Well done Villa

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Been little on here about how well they did yesterday, i reckon and not just because it was Liverpool, what they did yesterday might make some teams sit up and pay attention in how to make a press a complete waste of time and a waste of commiting players forwards that may be best utilised in defending further back up the pitch. Precision, non hoofing into the spaces balls out, bypassing the press, brilliant to see.

Then press themselves when the opposition insist on playing out still. That was a disciplined display and with 11 players committing to it.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
As a long-suffering Villa fan, yesterday's game was a fantastic watch... great tactical plan, lots of commitment (and a bit of luck) and we got a rare win over Liverpoo.

Last season we did not do ourselves justice (too many dropped points from winning positions) but now with a few more quality players and good levels of energy we look a good bet to improve. Here's hoping our owners continue to invest in the team and we can continue to improve over the coming seasons.

It's a shame that the press has focussed on Liverpoo's failures rather than Villa's success, but actually, in the grand scheme of things, who cares when you've won 7-2?

squimp

Site Supporter
Villa looked spectacularly good and tore Liverpool to pieces. I’m an unbiased (happy) Spurs fan.

Barkley (spelling?) and Grealish seemed almost telepathic which is impressive after only a few days at the same club.

The new striker looked good too.

My brother lives in Edinburgh and reckoned John Mcginn was the best player in the Scottish Premiership before you bought him. Hope he doesn’t get injured this season.

Onwards and upwards.....

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Can't wait to see Traore in full action - looked superb against Bristol the other week and defo has an eye for goal.