Well Done to Kev coke

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Just to let everyone know that Kev coke (Kevin Arathoon) got 7th place in the Gold Pool Winners week at White-Acres last week with a Points Score of 14 and total weight of 86lb 12oz. [:D][:D]

Well done Kev no doubt we will get a report from him when he gets back.

He's still done at White-Acres this week in the Preston Festival and then next week he got the Skol Masters down there as well so all the best in those as well.[:D][:D]

Glad the JINX from the summer series has worn off.[;)][;)]

P.S.
This make's 1000 post's

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Polepot

Poles
quote:Glad the JINX from the summer series has worn off.

Malc,no it just wasn't there.

Well done Kev - great result.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Spoke to Kev Yesterday and he has completely blown the prestons festival.Lying in the bottom half of the competition.Looking for to the Skol Masters next week.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Latest ifo is he won the lake on the last day of the prestons and climbed up a bit but is doing better in the skol masters comp this week.2 second in sections and a fourth.leaving him 20th overall at the moment and doing alright today but not weighed in when i phoned him.

Keith

MALC

Cheers for the update Keith.

Just seen in the weeklies regards Boly on the last day 103lb section win.

Hopefully he'll make the final Saturday and do the bizz.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

snakey

PAA COACH
HAVE HEARD ON THE GRAPEVINE HE QUALIFIED FOR THE SKOLL FINAL.GOOD LUCK KEV AND WELL DONE

NOT TAKEN UP GOLF YET

MALC

Cheers for the update Kev and Welcome to MaggotDrowning.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Welcome to Maggot drowning world Snakey

Do i know you from somewhere.

Taking David to drayton Sunday if you want to come along.

Keith

scott essery

'Silver man'
well done kev

keith

next time you speak to Tesco's version of "david beckham" tell him well done from me and keep catching[:D]

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well what can i say but the man from tesco's did indeed qualify for the final of the Skol Masters at Whiteacres in twelfth and last position.He was standing in awe of the anglers around him on the stage the night before the match.A real who's who of anglers.
He fished an end peg on the day with a stopper to deny his advantage.He was not in the hot pegs and although he enjoyed the day admitted he was off the pace from the start.Eventually coming home last of the 12 qualifiers.It was however his cup final just to get in the 12 was a great achievement.
He is coming back today so should enlighten us more when he arrives back.
Darren Cox won with a fish hooked as the whistle blew.

Keith

MALC

Cheers for the info Keith,

Well done to Kev for making it to the final.

For those that arn't aware to qualify for the Skol Festival you first have to win one of the week matches (at WhiteAcres).

Then fish the week festival against all the qualifiers and finish in the top 12.

Then you get to fish the Final (with first place prize of 25k).

In my book Kev you done great to get down to the top 12 (always next year mate).

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

snakey

PAA COACH
Well done Kev. Just to let you know I finished second in the overall match league and picked up a trophy,It looks nice on the mantlepiece but its nothing compared to what you have achieved over the last couple of months.I know how much hard work, determination and effort you have put in. Well done.

Sorry Kieth can`t make Sunday,Working over the weekend.See you Monday morning.

NOT TAKEN UP GOLF YET

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Sorry boys correction to the final result.Kevin has finished 10th overall in the final 25k winner take all match.NOT 12th as i reported earlier.Kev thought he had finished last but did not follow the scales right round.

Keith

john

WELL DONE KEV.HOPE YOU DO AS WELL IF NOT BETTTER IN THE OTHER MATCHES.
JOHN.

JOHN.THE BIG TINCA

kev coke

well i got back a couple of days ago but i have been on cloud 9 since so thanks for all the support and here is a quick rundown of my dream week
Day 1 peg 14 trelawney fished it in gale force winds had 2 carp 1 perch and 4 roach at 6 meters on the pole on meat for 10lb and 2nd in my section i was beaten by des shipp on end peg 16 so got off to a good start.
Day 2 peg 20 gwinear until the last hour i was last in my section when a switch to the margins to my left paid well as i had 8 carp for 80lb and second in my section still going well .
Day 3 peg 18 on porth it fished hard and i had 6lb for 4th in my section it was an eventful match for me as i lost more than i caught on a snag infront of me had a pike on for 10 mins and lost it close in also lost 2 nice eels which bite through my line but i was lying 20th overall and was chuffed to bits as my fav 2 venues were left .
Day 4 drew peg 26 on bolingy a good peg but des shipp was on good peg 23 so my work was cut out i fished down the edge to my left for most of the match and had 14 carp for 77lb and first in my section des shipp had 55lb.I was now lying 8th overall only needed one more good draw to make the final.
Day 5 drew peg 27 on polywyn best peg on the lake and i was chuffed to bits i then fished the first 3 hours like a complete idiot and then got my act together and caught fish for the last 2 hours i weighed 47lb and was 3rd in my section which gave me a total of 32 points for the week and the word going round the bank was that you needed 33 points to get in the final at this time i was gutted to say the least .
The 12 finaliists were to be announced in the club that night in alpherbetical order and when they called my name out first i was the most surprised person in the place and the happiest bloke on the stage i could not believe that i had made the final i thought i was dreaming so had to pinch myself.
The day of the 25,000 final 12 blokes fishing for a winner takes all final on jenny`s pool i drew peg 5 which was a horror draw as everybody wanted to be on pegs 18 to 21 so asked a few people in the know and got the same reply from them you are not going to win nothing from there kev any way you all know the result i struggeled like hell caught 13lb and finished 10th but i was still smiling as i was in the final and stioll chuffed just to be there but rest assured i will be back next year to try again.
kev

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Unlucky with that final draw Kevin [:(]
But hey,Very well done for getting to the final[:D][:D][:D]A Superb Effort[:D][:D][:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Polepot

Poles
Kev,

Well done despite the draw, just being there must have been an experience. Who were the other 11 anglers?

Is it back to football for the winter now?

Well done again

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

kev coke

Thanks nick mate
Yes it is back to football for the winter now mate.
The other people in the final were
WAYNE MELLINGS
STEVE RINGER
KIERON RICH
PAUL YATES (YANNI)
WARREN SMITH
DES SHIPP
DARREN COX
STEVE SAUNDERS
ALEX MURREY
GARY POWELL
PAUL KEELEY
They are all sponsered and all fish for big teams and 3 of them have fished for england that was the standard i was up against not only in the final mate but trying to qualify as well which is why i was just over the moon to be in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.