welham,north yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

I'M FISHING WELHAM NEAR MALTON LATER IN JULY,AS THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO ANY ADVICE TACTICS WOULD BE APPRECIATED,
LAST TIME I WAS THERE IT WAS BIG BAGS OF TENCH ONLY ON BREADFLAKE CLOSE IN BUT I UNDERSTAND CARP HAVE NOW BEEN STOCKED SO ANR ANY ADVICE ON FISH RATIOS, SIZE,BAITS TACTICS ETC WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT FISHED

Simon R

Site Supporter
I fished Welham last July Eric.

It's mainly carp these days but it's still a hell of a venue
Click on this link to see my report on last year:
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1494&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=welham

Scroll down a bit to find the report on Welham

I'll be interested to see how you get on, I've got a day booked later this year myself.

Tight Lines

Simon

eric

Thanks for the info Simon,it looks like introducing carp hasn't done the fishery much good.It used to be a tench only venue and the fishing was out of this world. I fished it 8/9 years ago on invite before the season started when Angling Times did a feature on it (free booze and a barbie) and had my first 100lb+ catch in England and got my picture in A.T.(fame at last).

Carp lakes have appeared all over North Yorkshire in the last few years and it is nice to visit them occasionaly but Welham and it's Tench was real fishing, I must be getting old!

Thanks again Simon I will let you know how we got on.

Status
Not open for further replies.