Weirpool fishing for roach and dace

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I particularly like the downstream scenery/view. Also fishing with an old Mitchel Match with a modern rod. It would have been nice to see a view of the stretch of the river before you started. Nice underwater shots too..... (y)

MarkW

A lovely looking swim there Mark, could happily spend a few hours there.
It's a swim that almost fishes itself due to the complex currents though you have to get used to missing plenty of fast dace bites as well as trying not to go up the tree.

Still lots to learn on the underwater filming. I should have had more underwater footage but one or two technical issues. It's amazing how much noise there is underwater, especially when I move my metal rig on the bottom. The perch seem fascinated by it and followed it in one time.

Silver fan 82

It's a swim that almost fishes itself due to the complex currents though you have to get used to missing plenty of fast dace bites as well as trying not to go up the tree.

Still lots to learn on the underwater filming. I should have had more underwater footage but one or two technical issues. It's amazing how much noise there is underwater, especially when I move my metal rig on the bottom. The perch seem fascinated by it and followed it in one time.
I think that mentioning the underwater noise is interesting and something that we don't consider when setting up etc.