Weird conversation. ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’ve just had quite a weird conversation with a mate who is planning a barbel trip to the river Severn with another mate of ours. The phone call went similar to this ......

Hiya Mick. “ You up for a trip to the Severn ? We are going on Thursday back on Tuesday.

Me ... No mate. I’m doing quite a bit up here local like besides, don’t you think it’s a bit far with all this tier stuff we shouldn’t be going through ?

Mate .... F##k em. We are going and F##k that 91 year old who’s just had the first vaccine jab. Fancy giving it to that old B#####d. How long is she gonna last ? Ffs.

Wow. He’s not normally like this. I’m sat here gobsmacked. Was there any need for that ? Must be that people have just about had enough now. ?

Im sat here shell shocked. ?

Any thoughts ?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I think the pressure of lockdowns and uncertainty is starting to tell quite significantly in many people. I’m seeing a hardening of attitudes towards restrictions, more aggressive tones in conversations both written and spoken as well as a dramatic increase in mental health struggles amongst friends and acquaintances, many of whom have never experienced such issues previously.

With no real space to vent these feelings boil over at the most unexpected times and I think that’s what has happened with your mate.

If the pubs were open then I’d suggest meeting up for a pint and a chinwag to give him an opportunity to let off steam

Pigmeal

I’ve just had quite a weird conversation with a mate who is planning a barbel trip to the river Severn with another mate of ours. The phone call went similar to this ......

Hiya Mick. “ You up for a trip to the Severn ? We are going on Thursday back on Tuesday.

Me ... No mate. I’m doing quite a bit up here local like besides, don’t you think it’s a bit far with all this tier stuff we shouldn’t be going through ?

Mate .... F##k em. We are going and F##k that 91 year old who’s just had the first vaccine jab. Fancy giving it to that old B#####d. How long is she gonna last ? Ffs.

Wow. He’s not normally like this. I’m sat here gobsmacked. Was there any need for that ? Must be that people have just about had enough now. ?

Any thoughts ?

chris1967

Site Supporter
Has he got any places left :sneaky:

only kidding this isn't just your mate bud seems to be going off like this everywhere .i can only do my bit for the lockdown and always leave the preaching for others

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I think the pressure of lockdowns and uncertainty is starting to tell quite significantly in many people. I’m seeing a hardening of attitudes towards restrictions, more aggressive tones in conversations both written and spoken as well as a dramatic increase in mental health struggles amongst friends and acquaintances, many of whom have never experienced such issues previously.

With no real space to vent these feelings boil over at the most unexpected times and I think that’s what has happened with your mate.

If the pubs were open then I’d suggest meeting up for a pint and a chinwag to give him an opportunity to let off steam
It’s a shock to me. He’s usually the calm one out of us. It’s been this guy that’s kept us out of bother when we were younger. It’s not like him at all. Not just what he said but, how he said it. Proper aggression. Not aimed at me or my views but, with how things are right now. As though enough is enough. I can’t and I won’t try and stop them going. It’s up to them what they do but, I may have a word with my other mate just to keep an eye on him. He’s likely to smack a copper if he gets pulled over. ?

ATTICUS FINCH

Everyone had a breaking point and it affects people differently, I'm sure your mate is just p1ssed off with the lockdown and needs to vent his stress in the only way he can .I'm sure when he has had his long weekend fishing he will have calmed down to near normal levels.

genesis

Account Locked
I have said it a few times already. This pandemic has made sure I will reassess certain mates, fishing club mates, some neighbours and a few fisheries. As what some have done has shown them in a different light. One or two or three I wouldn't like to be side by side with in the front line.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
"Never judge anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes."

This pandemic is certainly having an effect on people. It will go on as long as it goes on.

It is certainly not an easy decision as to whether to vaccinate the elderly, front line workers or those contributing to the economy by working and running businesses. Glad I don't have to make the choice. That 90 year old you may refuse the vaccine to is someone's relative. Explain your decision to the family and you might find your opinion changes.

62tucker

Site Supporter
We are a civilised country and old and infirm will come 1st. Simple as.
But what will uncivilised country’s do. The military 1st. The rich. The famous.
In the great reset. If your not adding value to the country you are disposable ?

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
I'm sorry to say, but i will politely, that your mate is a bit of an selfish and ignorant idiot!

Sounds like the sort of individual, that if he catches Covid-19, it'll will be someone else's fault not his!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'm sorry to say, but i will politely, that your mate is a bit of an selfish and ignorant idiot!

Sounds like the sort of individual, that if he catches Covid-19, it'll will be someone else's fault not his!
I’d normally agree pal but, he’s not normally like this. I think he’s on the verge of flipping. I think it’s getting / got too much for him. I have told me other mate to keep an eye on him now. Who knows ? ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We are a civilised country and old and infirm will come 1st. Simple as.
But what will uncivilised country’s do. The military 1st. The rich. The famous.
In the great reset. If your not adding value to the country you are disposable ?
Why did I think of Russia after I’d read your post tuck mate ? ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Blimey has come on a bit strong there hasn’t he! That said people are cracking up all over the country though so I wouldn’t be too hard on him. Only you know him so us on here cannot judge him off one statement made under trying circumstances.

On the 91 year old point though my parents and one of my best mates work in care and they say a lot of their customers share the same view as him. Whilst it is necessary that they have it first as they’d be the ones that would end up definitely needing the NHS a lot of them would prefer those in say their 70s to get it first as they have more to live for.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Blimey has come on a bit strong there hasn’t he! That said people are cracking up all over the country though so I wouldn’t be too hard on him. Only you know him so us on here cannot judge him off one statement made under trying circumstances.

On the 91 year old point though my parents and one of my best mates work in care and they say a lot of their customers share the same view as him. Whilst it is necessary that they have it first as they’d be the ones that would end up definitely needing the NHS a lot of them would prefer those in say their 70s to get it first as they have more to live for.
I think that’s a well thought out post. ?.
My mum and dad in their mid seventies are saying that the younger should get it first. My dad says things like .... We’ve had / seen more of life let the younger people have it first. I see his point to a degree but, in the same token I don’t want to lose my mum & dad.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just goes to show how much frustration has built up over the past year I'm afraid Mick and without knowing your mate or his personal circumstances I'm loath to comment on an individual. Unfortunately it brought out sides of people that we know that I'm sure have shocked many of us and created divisions that will take a long time to heal if at all and as Andy has said it will give many cause to reassess relationships/friendships. :(

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Any thoughts ?
That must be out of context if your shocked ,either something bad has happened to him a loved one or a good friend or as you say this sheety virus has drove him temporarily out of his mind .