weird catches

Status
Not open for further replies.

iobrien2002

Paddy
what r the weirdest things about fishing you have heard. e.g. fish after baits they don't normally go for.
the weirdest thing i hav ever heard is a 25 and 1/2 lb pike on breadflake.
weird huh
post yours

I.O'Brien

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I got a 10lb 13oz Pike on Bread too lol [;)] Also caught Perch on Sweetcorn which i thought was strange never done it since [:D]

Tight lines [:D]

angler-mark

I caught a mallard on floating dog biscuit a few years ago, it took off and I had a right job to get it in but managed it in the end. The only thing wrong with it was it's tongue, it had stretched to about a foot longer than it was before I hooked it

Tight Lines

Mark

mattc

Caught a sea trout on a ledgered sardine with the head removed. Why bother with all these flies and stuff

fishing_mad

not on a wierd bait but my friend caught a fish with one eye missing

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've caught a half-grown Canada Goose, hooked in the foot (don't ask how [:I]).

One hell of a scrap [;)]

Mate of mine almost caught a mink on a deadbait. There was three of us fishing a local lake a few years ago. We were clustered around the middle rods (mine I think) watching the drop-off indicators on the others and just generally chatting (like you do when the fishing is a little slow).

All of a sudden one of my mates bobbins dropped off and we all dashed along to see what was happening. It was his margin rod which had gone and he started winding down before everything went solid. As he tightened up to free his line from this snag we noticed that the line was actually coming from further along the bank-side, behind where we fishing.

We followed the line along, found his pike float wedged behind a tree and a couple of feet away a snap-tackle upon which was mounted a mackerel tail - now complete with a large bite taken out of the middle of it.

Actually we were quite pleased we didn't hook the mink - can you imagine getting the hooks out of one of them vicious little b*****ds [}:)]

Tight Lines

Simon

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
A seagull on a legered half mackeral in 20 feet of water hard on the bottom. Answer to how it happened to follow shortly.

chill out go fishing

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
fishing mad why was your mate fishing with one eye it must be hard to judge distance....

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

norm

my mate got a hen on lobworm
but mind you he did cast into the chicken pen

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
A coot had dived down picked up the mackeral and was robbed by a passing seagull when it surfaced.

chill out go fishing

anyexcuse

Couple of years ago witnessed a colleague in a Civil Service match having a hell of fight out of a cormorant on a method feeder. Funny thing was he thought it was a carp until it surfaced.

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I caught a Terrapin about the size of a small plate from Roath park lake in Cardiff, the place was stuffed with them. I think they have got most if not all of them out now since they found some special duck breading there and the Terrapins were eating the young.

Dai Fish

Moster

I got a seagull from a lure, fishing it about 2 ft underwater, what a ba***rd to unhook

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Pike on Imitation Pop Up Pellet

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***

Apache

Not a strange fish...but a strange story:

Me and a mate were fishing from a boat on the Norfolk Broads about 18 months ago with lures and wobbled deadbaits for pike. Out of the corner of my eye as I cast out I saw a grebe dive (at least that what it looked like!)

So I says to matey: "Try a lure over there, because if the grebe is diving after small fry, there might be a pike down there too". So matey casts out and starts retreiving. WHAM...bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzz, as his clutch goes into overdrive!

We finally manage to get the pike to the boat, and I do the honours and chin it. As I hoist it out of the water and get it level with the boat, it opens its mouth...and spits a mouthful of feathers at me, and deposits a severely mangled and dead grebe into the bottom of the boat!!!

We decided that either the pike grabbed the grebe off the surface of the water or, if the grebe dived, managed (somehow) to grab it under the water![:D][:D]

P.S. The pike went 23lb 14oz![8D][^]

:) Apache :)
http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com
http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com/images/clevr_leather-m2.jpg

cavie

1lbs 2oz terrapin on double pinkie followed by a crayfish on the next cast

cavieeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.