Weird afternoon at Mote Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ G

Rusty
Started at 14:30 and fished casters and hemp on the wag from the wooden yacht club landing stage.
At 15:10,the float went under with a 5lb Bream on the end then followed by a 1/2 pound Roach.
Never had another bite until 19:00 and it was as so someone had hit a switch as the last half hour produced another 8 roach and a perch!
Went the sun dipped the wind dropped and this made all the difference.
The fish are as rough as sand paper at the mo so the next warm spell ill see them all spawning me thinks!

hemphead2

hemphead2
Thats typical mote at the moment,but some of the regular top anglers have been finding the bream in numbers with at least a couple of 100lb bags i know of,down off the car park and opposite on the hawthorns at the weekend.
There is a lot of bream down that end at the moment and the roach are starting to appear as well a lot more.
If your going to try again soon then try off the car park and bang your feeder between the 3rd and 4th white bouy ,its a bit of a chuck but thats where the bream are in numbers as they feed on the blood worm that are in the old river len river bed.
or if fishing off the Hawthorns you wont have to chuck as far as there is a gravel bar at about 35 yards which the slabs also patrol.

your right about the fish spawning in the next warm spell but the water temps are still quite low at the moment with the cold nights.

big bream

scott
Originally posted by hemphead2

Thats typical mote at the moment,but some of the regular top anglers have been finding the bream in numbers with at least a couple of 100lb bags i know of,down off the car park and opposite on the hawthorns at the weekend.
There is a lot of bream down that end at the moment and the roach are starting to appear as well a lot more.
If your going to try again soon then try off the car park and bang your feeder between the 3rd and 4th white bouy ,its a bit of a chuck but thats where the bream are in numbers as they feed on the blood worm that are in the old river len river bed.
or if fishing off the Hawthorns you wont have to chuck as far as there is a gravel bar at about 35 yards which the slabs also patrol.

your right about the fish spawning in the next warm spell but the water temps are still quite low at the moment with the cold nights.
what the f--k do you know [:(!][:(!]

big bream

scott
Originally posted by big bream

Originally posted by hemphead2

what the f--k do you know [:(!][:(!]
[/q uote] im missing that nodding from the slabs [:(][:(][:(][:(]

Russ G

Rusty
I've always fancied having a go where the lake cuts back in just along from the old yacht club,known as the inlet.
Any of you Mote regulars ever fish it?

hemphead2

hemphead2
yea i fished it on the pole with pellet a couple of times and caught well,but a lot of the time the fish arent here. late summer is normally best

here are some pics from a couple of years a go from this area
2yzhg06.jpg

281vrxw.jpg

a nice hybrid that i thought was a carp when i hooked it
2i6mknt.jpg

fvbxfn.jpg

qn62it.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.