Weighing scales

Porkypig76

Just wondering on people’s opinions on which set of scales to purchase. I’m only fishing light for silvers , so would like to find which set of scales you’d advise to use for the occasional biggy. And also beefy enough for a session weigh in . All the scales I’m seeing is carp orientated and 60lb + . Thanks for listening

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
A set of Reuben Heaton flyweight Mk2 dial scales. Small enough to fit in your box/bag but very acurate.

bryan white

Site Supporter
Definitely the flyweight for occasional use.
you can get Reuben heaton match scales in 30lb x 1/2 oz but are larger, heavier and considerably more expensive.
a set of Avon scales can still be found on fleabay which are good as another possible choice.

Arch

Site Supporter
Whatever you do, don't post a picture of any fish you've caught without putting the scales next to it. Especially RH Flyweights. They just make the fish look small, that's all.

TimFB

Reuben Heatin Flyweights live in my rucksack. Not as robust as the Avon’s I used to have but very accurate. I found digital ones for occasional use (I might weigh a fish a couple of times a year) were pretty useless as either the batteries had run out or they’d got wet and were kaput.