Weighing In

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've seen some weird and wonderful ideas recently for one person to weigh-in whilst maintaining social distancing, from full-on carts, to designs that you know will fail, but the simplest I have seen so far is this....

1590609990993.png

It looks like it could work

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've seen some weird and wonderful ideas recently for one person to weigh-in whilst maintaining social distancing, from full-on carts, to designs that you know will fail, but the simplest I have seen so far is this....

1590609990993.png

It looks like it could work
My club are going to go down the same route as above , I think some large bubble wrap at the bottom might be a good idea. It's an ordinary gorrila bucket were going to use ,I believe

genesis

Account Locked
We have looked at this idea but on Sunday are testing a carp unhooking cradle which I believe is an oblong rounded end bag with rigid sides and a padded base. The weigh net sits in this and then angler tips his fish into this then steps away. The scalesman then comes in and picks up the net and weighs it. He then tips the fish back at the previous peg. This is repeated if there is more than one weigh. Have to wait and see how it goes.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
We have looked at this idea but on Sunday are testing a carp unhooking cradle which I believe is an oblong rounded end bag with rigid sides and a padded base. The weigh net sits in this and then angler tips his fish into this then steps away. The scalesman then comes in and picks up the net and weighs it. He then tips the fish back at the previous peg. This is repeated if there is more than one weigh. Have to wait and see how it goes.
That sounds good

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
My club are going to go down the same route as above , I think some large bubble wrap at the bottom might be a good idea. It's an ordinary gorrila bucket were going to use ,I believe

My two clubs always use a proper carp unhooking mat for the angler to rest his net on as he prepares to empty the fish into the bag. I believe all clubs should do this.

JLK

Can't understand why people still use weigh nets and not the weigh buckets. So much easier with a bucket.

Warden

Site Supporter
the problem with the method shown in the first post is that someone would have to hold the bucket otherwise it would collapse on its self hence the assorted frames that keep emerging.