Weigh sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piker

hi
Could anyone please tell me how to make a cheap weigh sling?
Because i want one which i can wash.
Thanks very much

):)::--Piker--:::)(

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I have 2 weigh slings and both are washable. Basicly there only made from nylon. I dont as such "wash" them but soak and rinse them in clean warm water.

chill out go fishing

fishing_mad

get hold of a carrier bag style made from somthing durable and put a foam inside and saw a soft material over it and cut the sides off.

Fishing Mad[:)]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Fishing mad can you expand on your post I dont understand what your trying to say.

chill out go fishing

iobrien2002

Paddy
try www.e-bay.com for a cheap and durable weigh sling they hav evrything and as it is an auction u can pick stuff up really cheap.

I.O'Brien

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The cheapest weigh sling available is a plastic carrier bag. I wouldnt use this for weighing anything over 2 or 3 lbs though.

chill out go fishing

iobrien2002

Paddy
then it is not a great choice of weighsling then is it if you can't weigh anything over that weight. it is just bloody pointless

I.O'Brien

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Is it pointless very fish friendly no need to zero the scales to take in to account the weight of the sling ideal for roach,rudd,perch crucians etc. No need to wash it bin it at home after use.
If you do want to make your own go down the local market and buy enough nylon theres plenty of choice available in colour and denier. Buy 2 "D" rings from a shop like Millets or a camping shop. Then cut out the size and shape you want and sew together on a machine. Its almost a D shape you want.

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by iobrien2002

it is just bloody pointless

I.O'Brien

Carefull!!

It may seem pointless to you but 3 of the greatest anglers who ever appeared on TV have used plastic carriers to weigh their fish

Bob James, Chris Yates & the late great Peter Stone who are/were all better anglers than i will ever be & i've been fishing for 25yrs!

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

TINY

Tiny
Why make one,when you can buy a brand new weigh net(large)that is washable and only costs 8.50 minus the md discount?[:)]

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.