Weekend weather - whos braving it?

Whisker

Site Supporter
Not for me. Not fished since December with matches on hold. Had some time off with opportunity to fish this month but Dods Law the weathers not been great.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Blanked for a few hours in mid December, but not fished properly since early November. Don't see that changing in the near future :/

Browner

Went out for couple of hours yesterday. The Bristol Avon was about 2ft up, chocolate and tanking through at Chippenham but I did find a slack and tried the pole feeder at 5m. Caught Roach and Gudgeon, so as it was an experiment, quite pleased. Just walked along the river and it’s up another foot. Won’t be out now until Tuesday at the earliest.

John Step

Site Supporter
Very rarely weekends as being retired. However I have been fishing a minimum of a couple of times a week come what may. I even found a pike or two in corners of lakes that were ice free due to streams entering.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Fished yesterday & it was supposed to be mild. There was quite a stiff but very cold breeze & my hands were freezing. Today there's no snow & ice but it's drizzly and a really strong freezing wind. Exactly the type of conditions I loathe.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Seen a potential weather window on Thursday but I'd be surprised if access to anywhere will be particularly safe by then with the sheer amount of excessive water everywhere with more still to come. That's if that window of opportunity even stays open as it'll probably rain then as well 😢

davylad

Hardly had any here, it's been a cracking day for drying the washing the missus told me.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Wall to wall rain here river will be in flood by morning, went to club lake on Thursday chucked a small method / pellet feeder about nothing got fed up grabbed the whip, stuck single maggot on for anything at the bottom of the slope had 4 carp in 25 minutes to 4lb glad I stuck the elastic top on, was good to be out.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Went onto the Shroppie canal today with two mates, not a section l tend to fish very often but if its very windy it can be quite calm, as it proved to be today, not a single ripple all day, but the wind was howling overhead and the trees were getting a good battering.
We had plenty of bites all day, but the biggest roach was no more than 8oz. Fished bread punch all day down the track and had bites from the very start. I even had a 8oz jack pike on bread punch, hooked nicely in the scissors.
My mates both had 4llb each and l had 7lb
We were only going to fish till 1pm as the plan was to fish a full day on Sunday, but ended up fishing till almost 4m
We are still going tomorrow but we are going to fish another section, as long as its not wind swept.
Rubbish pics lol.
IMG-20210130-WA0006.jpg IMG-20210130-WA0003.jpg

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I got up with intentions but after a cuddle with Albert and sat with a mug of Tea looking at the River Level im gonna use my bit of Knowledge of the River and weather and go Tomorrow. Maggots and worms are still shivering outside so they will be ok another 24 hours. (y) (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I got up with intentions but after a cuddle with Albert and sat with a mug of Tea looking at the River Level im gonna use my bit of Knowledge of the River and weather and go Tomorrow. Maggots and worms are still shivering outside so they will be ok another 24 hours. (y) (y)
Good decision i think Dave ,let water levels drop

R0B

I'm staying in to make up for all the idiots going out and breaking lockdown rules meeting up with mates 🤷‍♂️