Weekend weather - whos braving it?

rudd

Site Supporter
Looks like its going to be another nasty weekend with more rain / snow and freezing conditions.
A tropical ten degrees here on Suffolk coast today.
Factor 15 rubbed in and sunbed out in garden ready to go.

I am staying in as will be working - anyone braving it?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nope haven’t been out since mid December. Been freezing and/or flooded pretty much permanently since which isn’t appealing on my usual venues let alone the ones I definitely won’t get my collar felt going to. The odd weather window seemingly appears then gets slammed shut. Thursday/Friday looks like the next possible opportunity but will probably shift again. I hate this time of year for fishing!

IanG1

Site Supporter
Was lucky this week as my day off (Wednesday) coincided with a decent calm day after all the snow had melted Tuesday. I had not been out since late December so in search of a few bites headed to my local commercial for a go at the silvers again. Wasn't expecting too much and armed with some dead reds and dead fluro pinkies and some old fishmeal groundbait I'd frozen I set off. Made a very cautious start feeding two 11m lines. One with a single ball and the other with a pinch of dead reds and pinkies. Simple 2 rigs with a bulk and two plus a strung out rig in 7ft of water. Kept toss potting each line and not a indication for almost 2 hours then float slid to a dumpy roach. Worked it from then had 47 fish with skimmers from 8oz to 1lb plus so a steady January day. Only 2 others on the lake chucking for carp and neither had a bite. Weather here is pants again for the weekend so fingers crossed for a repeat next Wednesday. I am lucky this venue is about 5 miles from my house, my club lakes are in the fields at the moment and never fish this time of year anyway so at least gives me an incentive to get out on the bank

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I thought about it, but the rain over the last 2 days has put paid to that. Everywhere is flooded now.😥😥

Zerkalo

Not me. It's forecast snow for Saturday and Sunday here and I expect the river is or will be above its banks. That being said I drove past there the other day just after the last lot of snow melted and someone was there fishing perched on the only bit of available bank. Having said that, it's a mild 9c this morning.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Rads turned up and telly on... *rse parked firmly on the sofa... job done... out for a dabble this arvo, other than that... "Captain Comfy" for the weekend

nejohn

Site Supporter
Couldn't even if I wanted to as we in Wales can only fish if we can walk or cycle to the venue.... Yes I can walk to the canal but the bit within walking distance has been neglected for the last few years due to some building work going on upstream and it is currently completely blocked with weed, general rubbish and fallen trees, just hoping once the building work is completed they do a major clean up as I have attempted to fish it a couple of times and have not had the slightest sign of a fish in the odd places that are fishable

jononcb

The Trent is (or was) in the fields so I ain't going to bother. Plus more Snow forecast overnight.
Can't really get motivated while the matches are on hold.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Just took Albert for a walk to the river and couldn’t get under the A64 bridge

07279BDC-6E23-4DA0-A77D-8986821BCE81.jpeg 942F0BA6-CBCA-43D6-88F8-C52A1AA91670.jpeg

Still might get out Sunday Though, Never say never.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Some of the drainage ditches around our village that spend most the year dry are pushing a couple foot deep at the moment and most the fields are now semi submerged and we don't even have a stream to flood them let alone a river the grounds just that saturated now that it doesn't drain. Been a very wet couple months that's for sure!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Apparently my usual Thames stretches arent much better but this is how bad my most local river is. Or at least it’s apparently there somewhere.
1611938266130.png

Zerkalo

My dad saw someone fishing the canal at Swindon today. Could have been a possibility for me but don't really fancy it. Going to wait for the river to drop and warm up.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
All being well l shall be out Saturday and Sunday, mostly depending on how much rain is falling, hopefully not much.
Gear is all sorted, as is the bait apart from the bread punch. Just going to a local canal.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’m still undecided, it’s going to be bloody cold (3-4 degrees, but feels like 0-1degree). However I’ve had a ‘challenging’ week at work, so I might go for a couple of hours and see how it goes. I’ve got no maggots so will be chopped worm and worm hookbait on the pole, might try bomb and bread as well.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
To top everything...Floods dropped, snow came, snow went, floods came back.
EA, my local at 140 quid and N&D had their monies worth this season, i haven't.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
No bait yesterday while afternoon so didn't to go fishing back at work for 4 days now sunshine and 10° today may get out Tuesday if weather ok

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
The plan is to go icefishing with a mate. But it's freezing cold outside, 11 below right now. Good thing that there is hardly any snow. Worst scenario is a period of sufficiently frosty weather to make the lakes freeze over, and then lots of snow on top of thin ice, that isolates from above, and make the ice permanently unsafe.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Sleeting hard here this morning, forecast indicates similar for most of the days.

Going back to bed. Winter is rubbish.