Weekend mini-Fishin - May 2023 ?

Added to Calendar: 20/05/23, 21/05/23

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Would anybody be interested in a mini Fish-in at Tom's Pond, nr Otley, in May 2023 - Two friendly matches with camping, Saturday/Sunday 20/21st May 2023 ?

We would need 16 per day to make it viable at £7.00 per peg,
12 fishing would make it £10.00 a peg

There are 25 pegs on the lake, of which about 18/20 maximum to make it comfortable, and there is a possibility of booking their small speci pond for the weekend (Cats and Carp) with maybe 6 pegs max.

Let me know below so I can gauge interest

1658952954165.png

slaner

Site Supporter
looks a cracking venue, any chance of doing one further south?

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Guys, if not just for the fishing, the whole town (Otley) and Wharefedale in general is steeped in history and has the best pork pie shop bar none in the country. Also the match is the day after my birthday.
For the carpenters amongst us, this is the birth town of one Thomas Chippendale. It boasts one one of the oldest pubs in the UK, "The Black Bull" where a full suit of armour from Cromwell's army was found hidden in a wall.
Not too far away is a stretch of the river Wharfe that is the most dangerous stretch of water in the world... Look for "The Strid" online.
Clay shooting nearby, some of the most scenic views you will ever see and a couple of huge reservoirs that are free to fish.

The venue itself has proper toilet and shower facilities that are really well looked after and it is in the foothills of Otley Chevin and Danefield. There are some amazing walks to be had with vistas to die for.

Just in case you didn't realise.... Otley is my home Town and I love it!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Guys, if not just for the fishing, the whole town (Otley) and Wharefedale in general is steeped in history and has the best pork pie shop bar none in the country. Also the match is the day after my birthday.
For the carpenters amongst us, this is the birth town of one Thomas Chippendale. It boasts one one of the oldest pubs in the UK, "The Black Bull" where a full suit of armour from Cromwell's army was found hidden in a wall.
Not too far away is a stretch of the river Wharfe that is the most dangerous stretch of water in the world... Look for "The Strid" online.
Clay shooting nearby, some of the most scenic views you will ever see and a couple of huge reservoirs that are free to fish.

The venue itself has proper toilet and shower facilities that are really well looked after and it is in the foothills of Otley Chevin and Danefield. There are some amazing walks to be had with vistas to die for.

Just in case you didn't realise.... Otley is my home Town and I love it!
I hope @Scribe doesn't see this.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Pfffft Maybe best Pork Pie Shop in the NORTH, but really there is only one...

pork-pie-shop-image.jpg

Pork Pie.jpg

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pfffft Maybe best Pork Pie Shop in the NORTH, but really there is only one...

pork-pie-shop-image.jpg

Pork Pie.jpg
Have to agree with that one, Kev, I will be down Eye Kettleby next year for a short break and look forward to getting my pork pies and stilton cheese from Melton Mowbray

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Have to agree with that one, Kev, I will be down Eye Kettleby next year for a short break and look forward to getting my pork pies and stilton cheese from Melton Mowbray
Let me know when your staying Geoff and we can meet up for a pint and talk about fishing & the World Cup. (y)

steak

Left hand drawer
Site Supporter
Would anybody be interested in a mini Fish-in at Tom's Pond, nr Otley, in May 2023 - Two friendly matches with camping, Saturday/Sunday 20/21st May 2023 ?

We would need 16 per day to make it viable at £7.00 per peg,
12 fishing would make it £10.00 a peg

There are 25 pegs on the lake, of which about 18/20 maximum to make it comfortable, and there is a possibility of booking their small speci pond for the weekend (Cats and Carp) with maybe 6 pegs max.

Let me know below so I can gauge interest

1658952954165.png
Hi Dave, i'd be interested (y):)

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Sounds like a good plan ...might even do the matches if your short to make that up ...
The cobwebs are coming offthe match gear for the first time in ages on the 12th for a 3 day match festival with my local match club on weston pools ...find out how bad i am these days ...been on the dark side for way too long ...
One slight problem one of the ones in our lodge is the infamous beer monster "salford mick", for those of you who remember him from the war of the roses matches ...