Weaver at Vale Royle locks

Ivan heaphurst

Not fished the river here for,any years, in fact I was a mod and riding a LI 150 Lambretta. I fished theoldbit of river that day as well as Ididtoday the peg next to the footbridge. Afish a chuck,nothing big but plenty of bites on maggot. Fishing the middle with a wagg, was going well until the breeze blew a great load of c**p on the surface in front of me.
I upped sticks and went below the locks. Same method with similar results, a fish a chuck but nothing big. Still it was an enjoyable morning. I fished from 6-0 am until 1-0 pm when the sun made life uncomfortable .
If anyone has any info on the pool by the side of the river I would be grateful for any tips, it looks an interesting bit of water.

D

Deleted member 21081

Not fished the river here for,any years, in fact I was a mod and riding a LI 150 Lambretta. I fished theoldbit of river that day as well as Ididtoday the peg next to the footbridge. Afish a chuck,nothing big but plenty of bites on maggot. Fishing the middle with a wagg, was going well until the breeze blew a great load of c**p on the surface in front of me.
I upped sticks and went below the locks. Same method with similar results, a fish a chuck but nothing big. Still it was an enjoyable morning. I fished from 6-0 am until 1-0 pm when the sun made life uncomfortable .
If anyone has any info on the pool by the side of the river I would be grateful for any tips, it looks an interesting bit of water.
Sounds like a nice morning’s fishing.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Do you mean Newbridge Pool? If so, it's on the Winsford DAA card.
Fished it once, around 30 years ago. Didn't have the best day....some small tench & roach.

Ivan heaphurst

Do you mean Newbridge Pool? If so, it's on the Winsford DAA card.
Fished it once, around 30 years ago. Didn't have the best day....some small tench & roach.
No I know Newbridge pool this one is called Vale Royal pool, I think. It is below the locks at Vale Royal in the trees between the river and the lane.

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
I know where you are referring to Ivan, funnily enough, I found out that its a club water a couple of weeks back but for the life of me I cant remember whci club it was. I do some digging and if I find out i'll drop you a PM

Rick

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Give Scotts(vale royal angling) a call the will know. Its not a LymmAC water, and as far as i am aware not a Warrington AA water.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Vale Royal pool next to the Weaver at the arch’s belong to Northwich. I remember fishing it years ago before the weed got to bad. The bream fought like tench