Weaver at Vale Royal

Ivan heaphurst

Fancied the armchair. Peg next to the bridge over the old river for two reasons:
Firstly as my name for it implies it is an armchair peg, secondly it is out of the Sun being surrounded by trees. Maybe After this morning maybe I should make that three, it is full of fish. An early dart to beat the heat saw me fishing from 6-30. Maggot under a light waggler and I was away from the start. Not big fish but they pulled or lifted the float so I was happy. The river here has identity problems inasmuch as it doesn't know which to flow, something to do with the locks and sluices over the way I suppose. This doesn't bother the Roach or any of the fish, backwards forward or still the bites continued. Nothing big only a good sized Skimmer wet the landing net. The Bream did not show for me today and I have had them from this peg. Finally the sun and the heat of the day got the better of me at 12-30, time to dissapeared.
This peg has never let me down as yet(touch wood).
If you want to see your float go under give up his peg a try.

Ivan heaphurst

I first fished the old river in the 60's, miss it down there.
Then get down there, if you fished it in the sixties I'm guessing that like me you are over 65 and in that case you can't go wrong with £25-00 for a season card, you will enjoy it.