Weather - sunshine to come!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My dad told me they said on the radio it could be the hottest day of the year today. I've checked the forecast and that doesn't seem right but it could be 22c by the end of the week. Saying that, it was meant to be nice yesterday and I got drenched in the morning with only sun in the afternoon. Car boots were cancelled for my parents and everyone was peeved because it wasn't forecast.

Although I've been spending a lot of time on the park lake, I'm due for a change so will be trying to head to the estate lake later in the week. I half expect all the Carp to be spawning there too as they were on the park lake. Always an impressive sight when it involves some 'units'.

Are you going to take advantage of the weather? I'd hoped for a glorious May and it looks like we stand a good chance of getting it this year compared to last.

Rob F

Site Supporter
Yes I am! For fishing, gardening and beer gardening!

Went early Saturday down the local canal. Weather look less than promising as I left so dressed accordingly. 1 hour later sat on the bank sweating and stripping off layers - great! Bring it on.

Only downside was as soon as the sun got properly on the water all bites ceased!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sunshine can kill some places stone dead can't it. Water on my estate lake is tap water clear and I'm fishing for Tench but surprisingly has fished well in sunlight I think because it's weedy enough it gives them cover.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Sorry to sound boring but here in West Sussex we've not really had any rain to speak of for over a month. I'm up at my allotment watering every other evening, the river Arun is like a stream. We really do need some rain. Not a torrential downpour, just a nice steady rain.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I mention it to my mom or sister they always say it's good for the garden when it rains. I don't really care about rain for the rivers, except for the first few weeks of July when it's going to colour up the Trent for the match nicely.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It’s been quite nice so far this month but looks like it’s getting very nice soon. Could do with a few more overnight downpours like the one we had Friday night though or maybe a very wet week leading up to the 16th just to freshen the rivers up a bit. Dry days wet nights (not every one obviously) would be ideal.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Sorry to sound boring but here in West Sussex we've not really had any rain to speak of for over a month. I'm up at my allotment watering every other evening, the river Arun is like a stream. We really do need some rain. Not a torrential downpour, just a nice steady rain.
Had first proper rain for over a month on Saturday, on and off all day.
Most of April we had a Northerly to Easterly wind, sunny but chilly and dry.
East Anglia will soon be suffering a drought with all crops taking a battering, inturn driving up prices - not needed at the moment.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had first proper rain for over a month on Saturday, on and off all day.
Most of April we had a Northerly to Easterly wind, sunny but chilly and dry.
East Anglia will soon be suffering a drought with all crops taking a battering, inturn driving up prices - not needed at the moment.
Is it just rain in Spring you need for the crops? What do you do in Summer?