Weather forecast

62tucker

Site Supporter
I know it’s been done before but how often are they wrong.
Today on my bbc app. Light showers. Been pissing down for hrs.. Woke me up with noise blasting on conservatory roof. And I sleep with earplugs in. Been out in car. Roads flooded just with volume of rain. Not run off. Light showers. My bum. None stop rain for 2 hrs is not showers in my book.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That's the BBC for you. Remember 1987 when a certain weather forecaster (Michael Fish) said we were going to have a slight breeze?...turned out to be more like a hurricane.

Last edited:

Oldmech

Site Supporter
I have both BBC and Met Office forecast apps on my phone and you wouldn't believe the difference between the two, one will say showers all day and the other will say fine but cloudy all day, the message is don't leave your coat at home no matter what they forecast.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
The BBC went with the cheapest forecast supplier when they last contracted for a weather forecast supplier. The app is useless a lot of the time and like today is totally at odds with the TV forecast. It is amazing how in the week before a Sunday the App forecast changes daily and at some point predicts everything. I suppose that is so they can say they got it right at some point.

I think we, as anglers, take far more notice of forecasts than the general public. As for the BBC bosses they don't care and believe the public will accept whatever mick poor forecasts they deliver.

bezzer

The BBC weather App (Meteo group) is garbage. I use the Met Office App and while it's not perfect, it's a darned sight more accurate the the BBC one.

PAB

Site Supporter
the one and only true way to find out is to stick your head out of the door.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Actually looks like a calm and dry forecast both days this weekend around here for the first time in what seems like about a month so I really should get some fishing in. No idea where though now the temperatures have dropped and the rivers are up!